90 days for EAD??

applicant0205

Registered Users (C)
what I really would like to know is what date (date the aplication arrived or the NOA date) do we use to count the 90 days that we have to get a response on the application for EAD? anybody has experience with that?
thanks

Its the NOA date

I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but we just went throught the same process and thats what it ended up being.

Apps got lost

My EAD application was received on 11/29/05, and I just got my EAD card 3/21/05!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing I am working on my H1 so was not that concerned, but after 90 days (from the receipt date), I had to go to Baltimore office and they told me they couldn't find my application!! but they gave me a piece of paper and filled in my name as such and gave me a interum that day (3/4/05)

A week later I got a letter and asked me to go get my EAD card, that was 3/21/05

I did ask if my EAD was delayed (lost), does that mean my other applications (ie, 485) was lost and would be late, too.

They said no but I doubt it. We'll see.

thanks

elisha123 said:
I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but we just went throught the same process and thats what it ended up being.

hi elisha123
you are correct, it;s not what I want to hear :(
from your experience do you know if this rule is written down somewhere or is up to the officer to decide which date to use?

applicant0205 said:
what I really would like to know is what date (date the aplication arrived or the NOA date) do we use to count the 90 days that we have to get a response on the application for EAD? anybody has experience with that?
thanks

If I remember correctly, you can count 90 days from the notice date, not the received date :)

Awaiting EAD already past 90 days, what should I do?

My EAD application was received on 12/12/04, so far I have not received anything, the on line status says it is in process.
What should i do next since it is already past 90 days?
Thank you in advance

edh said:
My EAD application was received on 12/12/04, so far I have not received anything, the on line status says it is in process.
What should i do next since it is already past 90 days?
Thank you in advance
Get an interim EAD at local office by scheduling Infopass. However you might want to wait a little bit more. I waitied like for a 100 days.

Thank you for your prompt response. How do I schedule Infopass, what that means? Do I go to the local office or call the USCIS 800 number and wait for such option?

No you don't need to call anybody. You do that on-line at home. Here's the link
https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
Go step by step by step and through the online process at the end you'll have to print out the confirmation. Well you do have to show up to get your interim EAD (actually have it done there at the local office) but the actual appointment is scheduled on-line
Interim EAD is also temporary utill you get the official one.
None of the local offices will accept walk-in applicants anymore unless they've scheduled an appointment on-line prior to that.

ALso I see guys you are wondering whether to start counting 90 days from the RD(receipt date) or the ND (Notice date). We've had that discussion long ago. Eventually all of us in the forum waiting for EAD at that time, agreed on counting from the RD not the ND. You also follow the local office timeline by RD not ND. When you get your interview letters it will show priority date= RD from your very first NOA for I-485 and not the ND.
Things might have changed for 6 months. Don't worry that much though cause it's not a deal of a difference anyway - like a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator: