9 approvals today at Rupnet

gc_aug_05

Registered Users (C)
9 approvals posted today at Rupnet

and all them are for NSC. Hope we break some records today and here on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Ok

Rupnet Users generally post their details a with delay of couple of days. USCIS updates too happens with a day's delay in many cases.

What's encouraging, amongst the approvals posted today at Rupnet, is that 4 of them are from July, Aug, Sep and Nov 2002 resp.

-ab

atlantabhopali said:
What's encouraging, amongst the approvals posted today at Rupnet, is that 4 of them are from July, Aug, Sep and Nov 2002 resp.

-ab

Even better news is three of them do not have an RFE (atleast not in their records)

I don't know if we should be excited about 2 or 9 approvals. There tens of thousand new application going to CIS monthly. The total backlog is 1.2 million. Even just base on rupnet data, the approval rate is still way toooooo slow.

There is ~500 I485 new application everyday in NCS only, the backlog is getting bigger and bigger.

I wonder how many officers there are at the service centers... 10? 200? 600? Anyone has any idea?

lets accept the fact that we have no control over NCS approval speed. Now here is my simple question, would you prefer to see 1 approval per day on rupnet or 11!? I am positively excited and rather not hide it.

First of all, I485 backlog went down in January, February, and March. There isn't any data for April yet, but I expect to see something similar.

If I remember correctly, there were 2-4 approvals on rupnet daily since the beginning of the year. That resulted in 45,000-55,000 processed applications per month. That's across all SC.

I know it's wrong but let's assume that all SC's have the same acceleration. This week NSC seems to be on fire. There were 12 approvals on Mon and 5 approvals on Tue (so far). 12 is most likely an exception but if we see 4-6 approvals on rupnet daily that would mean 75% increase in processed applications. Therefore, all SC's would be processing 80,000 to 100,000 per month. Those are numbers that they already achieved back in early 2002 and I doubt they can go much above them.

With an average of 50,000 new applications per month, the backlog reduction rate would be somewhere around 40,000. Therefore, with current backlog of 1.2mln it will take them 30 months to clear it completely. Now, they don't actually need to clear all 1.2mln. To bring the processing time down to 6 month, they need to take care of 1,200,000 - (50,000*6) = 900,000 applications which is just under 2 years.

I admit it's just a mix of scientific guessing and wishful thinking that is based on very rough assumptions but I'm *happy* that NSC is finally moving at some reasonable pace.

aonflux,
Longtime back, I made an analysis from the revenue collected on 485 applications..., with no profit no loss basis..., with a 6 months backlog..., NSC needs 200 IIO's to process 485 backlog. But I guess...., there may not be more than 20 IIO's. I do not remember the thread ID or the date on that thread.......

I am not sure exactly I am asking for, or what should be considered as a reasonable pace. We all know USCIS process cannot be reasoned at all. Even they are moving faster, it does mean particular individual will benefit. As we noticed they touched cases from late 2002 and even 2003 recently, which confirms Murthy's claim that the CIS backlog reduction plan will go backwards - the newer case will be dealt first.

I am more excited to see NSC approving and sending lesser RFE. On Tuesday, there were 3 cases (August to Nov 02) with no RFEs at Rupnet. Yesterday, there was one June 02 case w/o RFE.
If this trend continues, not only the processing time of a case gets reduced
by 3-6 months in the short term, but also the officer's task is reduced by nearly 50 %. He does not have to go through the same case multiple times.

Hope this trend continues

And today also RAGHUC's case is approved without RFE. He also did not have to go for 2nd FP as his 1st one had not expired.

-sk

Guys no point discussing approval patterns. NSC has gone beserk with approving Dec 2002 cases and April 2001 cases on the same day!!!!!