8+ year GC holder.. Felony Conviction needs to travel - Medical Purposes

Upset_Citizen

Registered Users (C)
Shoplifting Conviction 2 years ago sentenced to 2 years probation. Sucessfully completed probation.

Facts about case:

Occured after 5 years of holding GC with no other convictions.

Retail establishment but wording described it as burglary. Establishment was open for business to the public and arrest was durring regular business hours.

My question is, what steps can be taken to re-enter without any problems. What is a Waiver? How long does it take to process and can it be filed without an attorney?

What other options are there?

Thanks in advance.

talk to a lawyer. If you must travel then carry court disposition with you as you might be asked for these documents on your return. All residents go through finger printing process when coming back to US. and do not use NY as port of entry, Chicago or Houston usually don't ask for anything. Personal experience but mine was not a felony, just a misd. simple battery.

Shoplifting Conviction 2 years ago sentenced to 2 years probation. Sucessfully completed probation.

Facts about case:

Occured after 5 years of holding GC with no other convictions.

Retail establishment but wording described it as burglary. Establishment was open for business to the public and arrest was durring regular business hours.

My question is, what steps can be taken to re-enter without any problems. What is a Waiver? How long does it take to process and can it be filed without an attorney?

What other options are there?

Thanks in advance.

How in the world could you call shoplifting a felony? Did you do it with a gun or knife to a clerk's throat? I think you are confused about some pertinent facts.