7th year stamping in India

raju125

Registered Users (C)
Hello all

If I am in my 7th year extension (since my labor has been pending for more than 4 years now) and wish to travel to India, would I face any problems in getting my passport stamped with a visa in India?

Has anyone gone through this recently? What was the experience? What kinda questions were you asked?

Thanks
Raju125

raju125 said:
Hello all

If I am in my 7th year extension (since my labor has been pending for more than 4 years now) and wish to travel to India, would I face any problems in getting my passport stamped with a visa in India?

Has anyone gone through this recently? What was the experience? What kinda questions were you asked?

Thanks
Raju125
Raju125,

If you have all your paperwork in place then there shouldn't be any problem. However, US Consulates in India (Especially Mumbai) dose not entertain walk-ins for VISA stamping. They only work with Advance appointment. In Mumbai, as far as I know, it is about 3 months backlog for appointment. That means, you need to take an appointment ASAP and travel around your appointment date. Otherwise, you will sit in India without VISA to comeback till your appointment date. Hope this helps. The 3-month lag was before 4-5 months, if this has changed +vly or -Vly then I am not aware.

Regards.

I am on 8th year extension also ..

Anyone who got his visa stamped in India on 7th or later year H-1b....pls. share your experiences....

raju125 said:
Hello all

Thanks
Raju125

GCCovet said:
Raju125,

If you have all your paperwork in place then there shouldn't be any problem. However, US Consulates in India (Especially Mumbai) dose not entertain walk-ins for VISA stamping. They only work with Advance appointment. In Mumbai, as far as I know, it is about 3 months backlog for appointment. That means, you need to take an appointment ASAP and travel around your appointment date. Otherwise, you will sit in India without VISA to comeback till your appointment date. Hope this helps. The 3-month lag was before 4-5 months, if this has changed +vly or -Vly then I am not aware.

Regards.

THANK YOU GCCovet

With regards to an appointment, I have already got one. So, we are covered there. I interview at the Chennai Consulate. What I am worried about is, my 7th year visa is valid till Oct and I have the appointment in June. Would they question me as to why they need to put a stamping in for only 3-4 months? And since my 7th year is possible only because of a pending labor, would they question the intent of the visa and say that I am a potential immigrant and hence deny?

Those are my concerns. Your help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Raju125

raju125 said:
THANK YOU GCCovet

With regards to an appointment, I have already got one. So, we are covered there. I interview at the Chennai Consulate. What I am worried about is, my 7th year visa is valid till Oct and I have the appointment in June. Would they question me as to why they need to put a stamping in for only 3-4 months? And since my 7th year is possible only because of a pending labor, would they question the intent of the visa and say that I am a potential immigrant and hence deny?

Those are my concerns. Your help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Raju125

Hi - last year I had to go to India on an emergency situation. My company had provided all necessary support documents and was able to get my stamping in Chennai. The consulate officer for change was very friendly and stamped my visa. My visa was going to expire in December 2005 and I had gone for stamping in June 2005. Consulate is now aware of our situation where we are stuck in between the GC process. Please go ahead without any worries if you already have an appointment

GC_enroute said:
Hi - last year I had to go to India on an emergency situation. My company had provided all necessary support documents and was able to get my stamping in Chennai. The consulate officer for change was very friendly and stamped my visa. My visa was going to expire in December 2005 and I had gone for stamping in June 2005. Consulate is now aware of our situation where we are stuck in between the GC process. Please go ahead without any worries if you already have an appointment

That's awesome. Thank you very much. This really helps and puts my mind at ease.

should not be a problem

7th year stamping should not be a problem at all as long as you have all required documents. I went to the chennai consulate in Dec 2005 , they just asked for the letter from DOL or the GC application as a proof that the GC is in the process. you can even show your 45day letter if you have one. they asked for my w-2s, tax returns and ofcourse paystubs. it was not even 5min. since my 7th year permit was expiring in Jan 2006, I also took the 8th year extension to be safe and once they looked at my 8th year permit, they gave the 7th year permit back to me so they stamped as per the 8th year permit. All the best.

LoveNY said:
7th year stamping should not be a problem at all as long as you have all required documents. I went to the chennai consulate in Dec 2005 , they just asked for the letter from DOL or the GC application as a proof that the GC is in the process. you can even show your 45day letter if you have one. they asked for my w-2s, tax returns and ofcourse paystubs. it was not even 5min. since my 7th year permit was expiring in Jan 2006, I also took the 8th year extension to be safe and once they looked at my 8th year permit, they gave the 7th year permit back to me so they stamped as per the 8th year permit. All the best.

Hi

Thanks for the information

Did they ask for all Year w2 or just the last year. Can you post the exact documents they asked so that it will help other looking in here

My friend got stamped 7th year on Jan 2006 . They asked his last year w-2 and few pay stuff's. He told me that it was cool and friendly.. I am in 8th year and going for stamping in chennai during Augest.

javaconsultant said:
I am on 8th year extension also ..

Anyone who got his visa stamped in India on 7th or later year H-1b....pls. share your experiences....

I got my 7th year stamping on Jan 30th 2006 in Mumbai consulate. I was not asked to show any documents (except 156/157...) and was asked couple of baby questions like my address in US and how long I have been working for my company. Whole thing hardly lasted 3 mins or so. I received my passport next day in courier without trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend got 7th year recently stamped in N. Delhi. He wasn't even interviewed, it seems the desis who checks the documents, checked the documents and asked him to deposit the Visa fees and said good buy from there.

Documents to take for visa stamping

In addition to the below given documents mentioned in my companies website also check the consulate website for the required documents. Its better to be safe than sorry...

The foreign national must take the following documents, in addition to documents required by the consulate:

Valid Passport.

Original Form I-797 Approval Notice (with red seal).

Copy of all correspondence sent to USCIS to acquire the visa, including form ETA-9035, certified LCA-9035.

Letter of support from your comapany manager

Appropriate fees (obtain amounts from the Consulate).

Important notice: Biometrics collection; issuance of machine-readable visas: If you are applying for a visa at a U.S. Consulate or embassy, you may be required to make a personal appearance at the post so that your biometrics, a face scan and two fingerprints, can be taken. Effective October 26, 2004, Consulates must begin issuing machine-readable visas that are both tamper-resistant and contain biometric identifiers. Photograph and fingerprint collection procedures have begun to be implemented at U.S. Consulates.

Last edited by a moderator:
neha_wal said:
A friend got 7th year recently stamped in N. Delhi. He wasn't even interviewed, it seems the desis who checks the documents, checked the documents and asked him to deposit the Visa fees and said good buy from there.

How are they doing the thumb impression? Normally those scanners are kept in the visa interview window. I thought thats why they cancelled stamping in U.S. since they needed biometrics included in your visa...

7th year visa

they asked for

1) Last paystub ( but carry all your paystubs in the year)
2) Proof of GC application pending ( letter from DOL/45day letter)
3) Last year W-2 (but please carry all your w-2s)
4) Last year tax filings(I did not have it so I said I have SS statement but she said did not need anything more)

and a simple question about the company - howlong i have been working and what kind of project is it.

It was cool though.

saknia said:
Hi

Thanks for the information

Did they ask for all Year w2 or just the last year. Can you post the exact documents they asked so that it will help other looking in here

LoveNY said:
they asked for

1) Last paystub ( but carry all your paystubs in the year)
2) Proof of GC application pending ( letter from DOL/45day letter)
3) Last year W-2 (but please carry all your w-2s)
4) Last year tax filings(I did not have it so I said I have SS statement but she said did not need anything more)

and a simple question about the company - howlong i have been working and what kind of project is it.

It was cool though.

Thnaks Buddy for the detailed reply

Required documents for 8Th year Extension for 3 years ( I-140 approved).. Please help

Hi,

I am going to chennai consulate for stamping on 26 th of Sep. I am going for 8th year extension for 3 years, because of my 140 approved. I am taking the following documents. Please help me if any thing I am missing.

For H1 and H4:

1) Letter for employer and copy of all correspondence sent to USCIS to acquire the visa, including form ETA-9035, certified LCA-9035.
2) My all study certificates and evaluation certificate
3) All my experience letters
4) Bank letters
5) All my w-2's.
6) All original H1 and H4 Pappers (I-797 approval notice)
7) one year pay stubs
8) Original and old Passports for both.
9) Appropriate Fees for both.
10) Last year tax filing.
11) Utility( electricity and telephone) bills for last 3 months
12) Original Marriage certificate.
13) Marriage photo album.

Do I need to take any other documents for my GC application?
Do I need to take I140 approval papper because of 3 years (I140 approved)?

Please help me, If I am missing any other documents?

Thanks,
Chinni.