7th year extn and Receipt

survival2002

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My 6 years expires on 07/09/2004 and currently my Paralegal has applied for the 7th year extn based on the RIR filed on 05/20/2004 (No receipt received for the RIR filing).

When I ask for the receipt of the extension, they say it may take a couple of weeks more to receive it. Gurus, please let me know what I should do if do not receive a receipt for my extension filing in another two weeks as I have very less time.

Thanks in advance

Ask your Paralegal to call up the service center and initiate a status request. Probably that will trigger processing of your extension.
PS : You will not have this wait for receipt if you go in for premium processing as you will get extension in 21 days or less( on the avg)
HTH

survival2002 said:
Guys,

My 6 years expires on 07/09/2004 and currently my Paralegal has applied for the 7th year extn based on the RIR filed on 05/20/2004

(No receipt received for the RIR filing).
---- what do you mean by above statement? did your lawyer filed 7th year H1 extension with out the LC filing reciept and that LC was filed under RIR? lawyer needs to submit evidence of LC filing it may be Regular or RIR LC
Do you mean you did not get 7th year H1 extension filing reciept from USCIS? if that is the case check with your lawyer when he filed the 7th year H1 extension
When I ask for the receipt of the extension, they say it may take a couple of weeks more to receive it. Gurus, please let me know what I should do if do not receive a receipt for my extension filing in another two weeks as I have very less time.

Thanks in advance