7th year extension of H1

JohnMathewM

My H1 expires on Mar 2007 which means I have only 11 months left.Can I change my employer now and start filing my labor application with the new employer through Perm?If yes, Will I face any trouble in getting my 7th year extension of H1 since the labor is not filed 365 days prior to H1 expiry?Pls advice.

JohnMathewM said:
My H1 expires on Mar 2007 which means I have only 11 months left.Can I change my employer now and start filing my labor application with the new employer through Perm?
Yes, that's what I did and I had 8 months left. The plan was to use EAD instead of visa....it would have almost worked, just the approved EAD never arrived so far....We are in the process of extending my visa based on an older LC from a previous employer that is more than 365 days old - however it has its own issues....
If yes, Will I face any trouble in getting my 7th year extension of H1 since the labor is not filed 365 days prior to H1 expiry?Pls advice.
Yes, you didn't say you had an older LC, so if the PERM LC would be the only LC used as the basis for the extension, it will not work. Can you try to get EAD or are you retrogressed?

gc_2006 said:
Yes, that's what I did and I had 8 months left. The plan was to use EAD instead of visa....it would have almost worked, just the approved EAD never arrived so far....We are in the process of extending my visa based on an older LC from a previous employer that is more than 365 days old - however it has its own issues....

Yes, you didn't say you had an older LC, so if the PERM LC would be the only LC used as the basis for the extension, it will not work. Can you try to get EAD or are you retrogressed?

Do you have a masters from US?

7th Year H1. Can i change employer?

Hello i am on my 7th year of h1. It has been more than a year since my LC was filed and now its stuck in Dallas Backlog processing center.

The questions that i have are:
1. Can i switch to a new employer while on the 7th year of H1.
2. Can i have my new employer file for LC through PERM, which i've heard is quite faster?
3. Will i be eligible for extension of H1 on yearly basis with the new employer also until i get my GC approved?

Thanks.