7 months after AOS interview

pighead

Registered Users (C)
7 months went by since my AOS interview in Houston. What shall I do? Could anyone give me suggestion?

Hi,

Can you tell us how time it took for your interview after you got the notice for fingerprints and medical. Thanks.

pighead & luckyornot
Do you know how long is taking to have the passport stamped after the interview?
It has been 3 months and nothing.
Do you know any telephone number that could give me information about my case?
Thank you.
I'm getting desperate. I want to visit my family.

it took 8 months to get my passport stamped after my AOS interview.during that 8 months, I called the INS 800number, I wrote three letters to my local INS office. nothing worked. and I do believe what finally made my case done is because I wrote a letter to congress man, they responded quickly and kindly, and it seemed the INS is much more willing to
cooperate with them than with us. I suggest you try this way.

Thank you luckornot!!!
Do you have the name and address of the congressman? Was he a congressman or senator? I will do the same thing. I already called many times and also wrote them letters. I think that they don't read the letter at all.
Thank you one more time.

good news

My friends had her passport stamped right after her smooth interview in Houston today. So it seems that the new organization works more efficiently. And I think either writing to congress man or go directly to INS 485 query office does make sence.

hi,aluisa
I wrote to congressman at my area, I don't know where do you live, you can easily find the congressman office information at your area on the internet.
good luck!