6th year expriring, compnay closed waiting for LC....need help

kmateo25

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I need your help Great Guru!!!

I have been working with the same company for 6 years now. I filed H1B last Jan 2000 then had a consulate processing of my H1B last Jan 2003. I went back home for the second H1B renewal.

My company was a great company until my bosses fought and then separated last Dec 2004. I am working at a newly opened company with the same boss that signed my papers dfrom the very start (Jan 2000).

But I'm nearing my 6 years now. I filed on EDD Dec 2002. I got a response from EDD last Oct 2003 that they already forwarded my papers to DOL.

Until now I have no news where is my papers.

To make matters worst, my lawyer said that I need last years ITR of the old company. I can't get that since they are on a lawsuit right now.

Please help me..I don't know If I need to change employers or something. My H1B expires Jan 2006.

Thank you very much for your help. It eases my mind to think that you are there to help us

kmateo25 said:
Hi

I need your help Great Guru!!!

I have been working with the same company for 6 years now. I filed H1B last Jan 2000 then had a consulate processing of my H1B last Jan 2003. I went back home for the second H1B renewal.

My company was a great company until my bosses fought and then separated last Dec 2004. I am working at a newly opened company with the same boss that signed my papers dfrom the very start (Jan 2000).

But I'm nearing my 6 years now. I filed on EDD Dec 2002. I got a response from EDD last Oct 2003 that they already forwarded my papers to DOL.

Do you have any evidence for your EDD filing date? If it is in CA you would have got one, if you have one , you can extend your H1 beyond 6 yrs with present company or any other new company of your choice.
Until now I have no news where is my papers.

To make matters worst, my lawyer said that I need last years ITR of the old company. I can't get that since they are on a lawsuit right now.

Please help me..I don't know If I need to change employers or something. My H1B expires Jan 2006.

Thank you very much for your help. It eases my mind to think that you are there to help us

Thank You Very Much Great Guru?

Are You A Lawyer?

I Am Willing To Have A Lawyer. I Don't Have Any More Confidence With My Lawyer.

Will It Hurt My Lc If I Changed Companies Or Is It Best To Stick With My Employer Right Now.

My Employer Is The Same Person...only Different Company (as You Know, They Closed My Company Of 6 Years)

I Am Truly Grateful That You Are There To Help Us. If There Is Anything You Need, Just Tell Me.

Are You A Lawyer?

Will It Hurt My Lc If I Changed Companies Or Is It Best To Stick With My Employer Right Now.

IF I EXTEND MY H1B WITH SOMEONE ELSE, WOULD IT PROLONG MY GREEN CARD?

My Employer Is The Same Person...only Different Company (as You Know, They Closed My Company Of 6 Years)

I Am Truly Grateful That You Are There To Help Us. If There Is Anything You Need, Just Tell Me.

kmateo25 said:

Are You A Lawyer?

IF I EXTEND MY H1B WITH SOMEONE ELSE, WOULD IT PROLONG MY GREEN CARD?

If the employer is the same , you can make an amendment to your LC in future that as the company name is changed because of closure.(you can show owner is same for both company). However extn of H1 will not be get affected immediately, in the worst scenario you have to amen the LC.

great guru said:
If the employer is the same , you can make an amendment to your LC in future that as the company name is changed because of closure.(you can show owner is same for both company). However extn of H1 will not be get affected immediately, in the worst scenario you have to amen the LC.
thank you very much!!!

I'll probably just stay with my current employer.

will it be a problem on my h1-b extension if I could not provide an ITR from the previous company. This new company is barely a year old and I don't know whats my next move.

The money is very large for the extension ($4500 in total) thats why i don't know if its worth it.

Do I have to pay this amount every year for extensions?

i really wish i could stay in-status.

thanks for your help.

kmateo25 said:
thank you very much!!!

I'll probably just stay with my current employer.

will it be a problem on my h1-b extension if I could not provide an ITR from the previous company. This new company is barely a year old and I don't know whats my next move.

The money is very large for the extension ($4500 in total) thats why i don't know if its worth it.

Do I have to pay this amount every year for extensions?
You have pay every year INS H1 extn fees.(from 2nd extn you no need pay other fees)

i really wish i could stay in-status.

thanks for your help.

Thank You Great Guru!

If We Don't Provide Last Years Income Tax Return, Will They Deny My Extension?

Secondly, If I Would Extend My H1-b, Is There A Way That I Could Re-enter U.s. Again?

I Was Able To Have Multiple Entries On My Second Extension. I Had Consular Processing In My Country, That's Why I Was Able To Go In And Out Of U.s. For The Past 3 Years. Can I Still Do That?

Thanks

kmateo25 said:
Thank You Great Guru!

If We Don't Provide Last Years Income Tax Return, Will They Deny My Extension?
Income tax return usually not asked for extn of h1

Secondly, If I Would Extend My H1-b, Is There A Way That I Could Re-enter U.s. Again?

I Was Able To Have Multiple Entries On My Second Extension. I Had Consular Processing In My Country, That's Why I Was Able To Go In And Out Of U.s. For The Past 3 Years. Can I Still Do That?

Thanks

Thank You

That's Why I'm Losing Confidence With My Lawyer.

He Said That Income Tax Required Because They Need To Prove That The Company Can Still Petition Me. But It Is Only An Extension, Right?

Secondly, Can I Still Avail The Multiple Entry Here In U.s. When I Apply For Extension.

I'm Serious Great Guru...if You Need Any Help .. Just Tell Me

Thank You So Much!!!!

kmateo25 said:
Thank You

That's Why I'm Losing Confidence With My Lawyer.

He Said That Income Tax Required Because They Need To Prove That The Company Can Still Petition Me.

You do need any income tax returns to file h1 extn

But It Is Only An Extension, Right?

Secondly, Can I Still Avail The Multiple Entry Here In U.s. NO, you have get it only out side the US

When I Apply For Extension.

I'm Serious Great Guru...if You Need Any Help ( I do not need any help from any body).. Just Tell Me

Thank You So Much!!!!

Great Guru,

Who Is Going To File My Extension?

My Old Company?(they Closed Last December 04)

Or My New One (opened Last December 04)

I Stopped Receiving Paycheck From Old Compnay Last March

At The Same Time I Started Receiving From New Company New Paycheck.

My Lawyer Said That He Needs To Make A "expert Letter" So That I Won't Be Denied. Is This True?

Is The 7th Year Extension Harder Than The First 6 Years(the First 6 Years Where Like A Walk In The Park....very Easy)

Thank So Much Again

Hi Great Guru!

I really need your help.

company A (closed last December 04) petitioned my H1-B for 6 years

company B (current work, same employer as company A) is hesitant to file extension under company A.

He thinks he might be sued by other former partners.

my time is almost up

what can i say to my employer so that he can do this for me?

please great guru... i need your help