600 days and counting.....

gvaknin

Registered Users (C)
dear community,

I know my situation is not as half bad as many other members, and I know many of you have already been there, thus thought I could share this special (not to say bizare) moment; I know you can all understand how I am feeling:
our 600 days are going by, and we are in the same situation from day one except for a change in LUD on 6/15. no FP2 (not even the letter from USCIS), I keep renewing my EAD's and went through the same conversation with the officer (who was very helpful), she gave me some info like it will happen soon, your case is advancing, your ND is soon to be touched, however caouldn't add much info.
so here we are, my son, wife, and I, watching the days go by, go to work and school, and wait.....and wait......and wait.....and wait.... I hope we get approved soon, and I pray you all, get approved even sooner.

so that's it, just wanted to vent out my silent frustration,

best,

You have to ask yourself: Is this GC that important? Will it change something today, right now if I have it?

I am beyond frustration and at this point I am about to give up. My days since the RD are over 900, if I count since the I-140 then that's another 280. So where am I, close to 1,200 days and counting...

Will my GC change something right now? Probably not. /It's beyond embarrassing to mention this/ The only desire that I had was to be able to travel, and actually see one of my closest relatives who I haven't seen since he was 1 year old. Now he's 13. Will I travel now - probably not, I'd rather wait till spring. But my wife can't take this anymore, so she's leaving in couple of months. Maybe I'll go with her...and forget about this stupid process and this illusional life here - work, work, work, nothing but work.

npnjan02,

You are right, I totally agree with you. it's really frustrating to keep us waiting and waiting, and the green card process is nasty.

I don't know if I made a good choice to pick this process and stick myself with this country, but just wait my turn and get the final freedom.

Every time when I called the help desk, I tried to be polite to talk with agents and their supervisor, even though I knew they just repeated/read the status reports that I knew already. Finally I lost my control and fight with one of their supervisors over the phone after he was so rude to me, I told him that he was the stupid guy I ever seen, if he couldn't give me any help, why they set up this stupid help system. He was so mad and hangged up my phone. I don't know if this fight could affect our case or not, but I don't care any more.

I wrote letters to senator in my area, let him to find out my case.

Good luck to every body.

Last edited by a moderator:
npnjan02, you are right. It will not change anything but the ability to travel free of worries..it's just so much happened...I have 6 cousins and nieces I've never seen, my grandfather died, my grandmother just been in bad situation and we are monitoring the situation, and much more....it is beyond frustration.....

peterwang60,
This phone system of theirs is nothing but additional cost. Maybe there's case where people find it useful instead of going and waiting at local INS office hours and hours for the same thing.

I've had about 5 calls with them, all no surprise useless. One call made me believe that they actually issued/accepted my inquiry. And they did, because the woman was illiterate enough not to know their own rule - the 30 days past processing date rule. I guess when the inquiry reached my file at NSC they rejected it, and still changed the online message to "we responded to your inquiry". Instead, they updated the address with the same address on file - I guess they had to do something anyway. I got pissed, but now I hope this woke them up.

I realized all this by calling next day after I received the address update from them. The immigration rep was a smart a**. She would not transfer me to am immigration office nor a supervisor since I had not a valid reason for that, no matter what reasons I tried. At the end, after I believe exhausting all possible reasons, I asked "for what possible reason would/may I talk to an immigration officer?" She replied: I can't tell you that!

gvaknin, I can only empathise. I can't travel since my case is a 245(i) case which means I become illegal if I leave this country and won't come back for 10 year (or so).

I wish everyone good luck, and thanks for the host of this forum and most of all to the helpful participants who share information as well as frustrations.

guys, I always ask myself it is really important for me to get GC? Seeing all the foreigner being treated so badly and unjustifiedly, I have been telling myself not to hold my breath on it. We are not begging for the food, we are making contributions to this country.

My country is getting better, I believe the others also. I keep telling myself GC is not my only way out.

That is why I named myself WHYGC.

I agree with all of you. Though I filed concurrent only in May of 2003, but I am already feeling the pain and the ridiculous nature of the entire process having had my I140 turn down becoz of education evaluation and with the appeal, my file is back to the bottom of the list and god knows how long it is going to be. The reason I am still here is because my company has been good to me and giving me a great job and tons of opportunity. I am just biddng my time and hope that I can get my request granted - hopefully for a bigger promotion to head back to Asia and run the operations there. If that happens, I will kiss this d***m process goodbye. It is just so F***&&& ridiculous when we legal immigrants going through the proper channel is being "penalized" when so many illegal immigrants can stay here and have better "status" and rights then we have!

Ken,

Illegal immigrants also have rights to live here, because they only have no ways to get here legally, We are just kind of lucky than them. Actually we are the same. The F*** is the immigration system.

This is just my opinions.

I don't think the process will improve any soon; the situation is going very aggressive on the minorities and immigrants legal and illegal. So how you can tell why the AOS is taking 900 days or more now??!!!!

I hope things will get better.

I am an optimist by nature until the day I am exposed to CIS when my company filed my concurrent I140/485 and entered this website to learn of the plight of many are facing. Frankly I have given up hope of any early news to my favor, like all of the members here are praying, hoping, pleading, etc.. To some of you it seem a consolation to call the 1800 hotline (useless to me). To me it is not helping much as they are just reading what you already know. I got into a pissing match with a supervisor when I question what is the point of the 1800 number if they cannot provide additional information we already know.

I appreciate and admire the courage Rajiv has undertaken to highlight the plight we are all facing and the countless numbers who is aiding Rajiv with ideas, tabulate datas, scanning, etc... I just hope the effort that Rajiv and company have initiated will see some overhaul in the CIS system over the longer term. For now, all we can do is just ignore what we have filed and go by our days working, loving our family, doing good, and enjoying what we have now. It is just pointless to keep looking for positive signs, calling CIS hotline, "hypothesizing", guessing, etc....

Keep the faith and god bless all of us!

Hi All , What does the 570-600 days mean? Is it only working days or all days in the week? I see people saying 600 days passed , 900 days passed , jsut do not know whether to calculate working days or all days.

Thanks

The 570-600 days is how the date be counted from your I-485 application received by CIS. It's not counted as business days.

733 days and counting

It Seems that INS doesn't have any rules for Processing the cases. One my friend RD is Jan 18,2002 he had 2FP in Oct 03 and replied to RFE in Apr 04 he is not yet approved. My Another fried RD is Dec 2002 he got approved a week back. I am so sick of this process and I gave off looking at the case status.

RD&ND Aug 02
2FP 4/16/04
RFE???
AD??? :( :(

A colleague of mine with ND of Oct 2002 got approved with no RFE. I have no RFE so far; at least most of the "old-timers" got delayed after an RFE, not in my case. I got "delayed" (officially not) just because.

I agree with you Peter. Immigrates are immigrates. Period. Who defined the legal and illegal? Were there ancester legal when they came here? Everyone has a rights to stay here. We should not be divided by those concepts created by people who really do not want us to be here.

Hope for the best! If not, what is the big deal to go back.

That is my two cents.