60 days today!!!No cards yet!

Tata2003

Registered Users (C)
Its beeing 60 days today since we went for interview in NYC, our case was approved and passports were stamped...the officer said from 5 to 9 months to receive cards in the mail but I have seeing people on this forum,that went for interview later than us and have already received their cards...We will need to renewal our passports soon and if the GC cards does not arrive we will have to go for re-stamp,I guess...or we can just travel abroad with old and new passports???I am still confuising...when this is going to end???

Good luck to all of you that are still waiting for your approvals!!!

Tata2003

I have received the card after one month of mine interview. Have you received the wellcome letter yet? If you do, you should get your card very soon. otherwise call the 800 number to find out because according to USCIS online message, it says if 60 days passed you haven't received your card, please call the 800....

Thanks for your coments...

We will probablly have to call the 1-800#.No,we did not receive the "Welcome Letter" yet,and the online message did not change,not even the LUD,so there was no update on our case,do you think there is something wrong with our approval??We already traveled abroad,for the first time since we appied for GC and we had no problems entering US with our stamped passports.Please post your opinion.
THX
Tata2003

Just one more question...

Is the "Welcome Letter" receipt number the same as a I485 receipt number?I keep checking my I485 online message,but since our case was transferred to NYC for interview on january,2003 it never changed.Did they give you a new receipt number??Just curious...

The wellcome letter is called I181 with new EAC#, it will also be printed on your card too, not our I485 number. the online message won't changed after we got transfered to local, don't worry, you will receive it soon. actrully, I didn't expect my card came that fast, my lawyer told me it took at least several month, and also give me a form to send if I do not receive the card after 9 month. so I think maybe my card came little bit faster than normal.

Tata2003 said:
Is the "Welcome Letter" receipt number the same as a I485 receipt number?I keep checking my I485 online message,but since our case was transferred to NYC for interview on january,2003 it never changed.Did they give you a new receipt number??Just curious...

Hi Igwait,thanks again...

...I just called the 1-800 number,a nice lady spoke to me,she said that it usually take long to produce the cards but I insisted and told her that I was only making that call because it's beeing 60 days and as of the Website information says to call them after 60 days,I was doing that.(My lawyer advised us that it was going to take 4 to 9 months for them to send us the cards.)I also told her that the online message did not change...she said that it is normal...at NYC...(meaning that sometimes they do not do their job there).She made an inquiry on our case and said that we should receive a letter from INS if 30 days passed and we don't hear from them,I should call the 1-800# again.Well lets wait and see what happends...
Thank you for your help,
Have a nice weekend!

Tata2003

I also haven't receive any kind of notice from INS regarding my approval, I also called the 800 # and the lady sent out an inquiry to the vermont service center, where my file was sent for the production of the cards. She said that it will take 30 days to get a response from them.. Just a few days before I got the approval letter from a senator inquiry I made about my case, I and my entire family efile to renew our work authorizations, what a waste of money, now I can't get a refund on that because of INS screw up, on not notifying me about my approval.

Hi,

Looks like it will never end...now we will have "headaches" with these cards...this is unbelieavable...I just don't understand why they are so desorganized at INS...too bad!We have no choice,lets wait for them again...
Good luck,... that's all I can say!