6 year H1B expiry and travel issue

somisc

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have a few questions
1) My H1B visa will expire on feb,26 2006. I am planning to travel to india in October and come back in November 2005. Will it be a problem if I travel within a short period of expiring my visa(I'll be reentering 3 months prior to expiring my visa) .I hope i can reenter any time before expiring my visa..Is this correct ? from one forum i heard that inorder to enter US we should have a visa which is valid atleast for 6 months.Is this true?

2) And i am planning to extend my H1 after coming back from india.Is it ok if i file extension just 3 months before expiring visa. Is it neccessary that we should aply for extension exactly 6 months before expiring visa? my cureent H1 is expiring in feb,2006 and total six year H1 expiring in May,2006. How can i file an extension for 2 months (the period remains in 6 yr) + 7th year extension together ?

thanking you and looking forward for your reply
Somi

somisc said:
Hi, I have a few questions
1) My H1B visa will expire on feb,26 2006. I am planning to travel to india in October and come back in November 2005. Will it be a problem if I travel within a short period of expiring my visa(I'll be reentering 3 months prior to expiring my visa) .I hope i can reenter any time before expiring my visa..Is this correct ?
---correct
from one forum i heard that inorder to enter US we should have a visa which is valid atleast for 6 months.Is this true?
--where did you read that??? you need valid passport and valid visa
2) And i am planning to extend my H1 after coming back from india.Is it ok if i file extension just 3 months before expiring visa.
--that is ok
Is it neccessary that we should aply for extension exactly 6 months before expiring visa?
-not neccessary H1 extension should reach USCIS any day BEFORE your I-94 expire
my cureent H1 is expiring in feb,2006 and total six year H1 expiring in May,2006.
---count the 6 years from your first entry date to US
How can i file an extension for 2 months (the period remains in 6 yr) + 7th year extension together ?
----- file for 7th year yoyr lawyer knows what to do. USCIS may give you 7th year extension and may not give 7thyear+2months
thanking you and looking forward for your reply
Somi