6 Weeks post entry, but no Welcome Letter...Is this normal?

sansin

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Exactly 6 weeks back, I entered US (POE Detroit) after clearing my CP at Mumbai.

But so far, I have not received any welcome letter.

So, when did you folks get your Welcome Letter. Did anybody go through my situation, that is, several weeks post entry and no Welcome-Letter? Also, when can I expect to get my plastic card? My friend and collegue got his card in exactly 5 weeks.

My wife would enter US after 3 months, and this is what I told at Mumbai Consulate. I dont know if the delay is because my wife is yet to enter the US.

This is bothering me. Please share your thoughts.

thanks
Sansin

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, can someone please post the 1-800 enquiry number given in the Welcome Letter? It think its time I give them a call to inquire.

My POE 9/7 Detroit from Mumbi no welcome letter for me too

I and my wife too landed at Detroit on 9/7 from Mumbai.
I too have not received any welcome letter yet.
So, I guess it is not because your wife will be joining later but the guys at Detroit (if not Detroit then somewhere in US) are lazy to send one.

What is you POE date?

sansin said:
Folks,

Exactly 6 weeks back, I entered US (POE Detroit) after clearing my CP at Mumbai.

But so far, I have not received any welcome letter.

So, when did you folks get your Welcome Letter. Did anybody go through my situation, that is, several weeks post entry and no Welcome-Letter? Also, when can I expect to get my plastic card? My friend and collegue got his card in exactly 5 weeks.
It's OK. I myself got my WC about 6-7 weeks after DOE. Just because person X got it in exactly 5 weeks does not mean it will happen the same to you.
My wife would enter US after 3 months, and this is what I told at Mumbai Consulate. I dont know if the delay is because my wife is yet to enter the US.
I do not belive that your spouse not entering is a problem. Both the cases are independent once you enter the US.

CP-QUERY said:
I and my wife too landed at Detroit on 9/7 from Mumbai.
I too have not received any welcome letter yet.
So, I guess it is not because your wife will be joining later but the guys at Detroit (if not Detroit then somewhere in US) are lazy to send one.

What is you POE date?
I think I tend to agree on your statement.

immigration officer at POE screwed-up

ok...i dont mean to scrae anyone...
but this is the situation i am in

My POE was detroit on 8/26 after getting Cp done.
after about a month me and my wife received a letter from
BCIS, texas that the immigration officer at POW
forgot to put the admission stamp on the papers that he sent to
BCIS...and they asked us to go to nearest BCIs office to show
the passport and admission stamp in the passport.

We did that and the local BCIS guys told us that there
was no need to come to BCIS office because BCIS, texas sends
the papers back to POE for them to stamp.
I called the POE/ detroit and they said the same.

So now i am waiting for all this to get cleared.

so if things can go wrong...they will..
after all Mr. Murphy was very right.

This is too much. Detroit is the hub for Northwest-KLM..Most of the cpiers fly Northwest because of Visa issues. They should know procedure.

CP_QUERY:

My entry date was 9/8, just 1 day after you entered.
So we are in the same situation.

Could you please post an update in this thread (or send me a PM, whichever is convenient for You) once you get your welcome letter and plastic card.
I will do the same.

thanks
Sanjay

June04 said:
This is too much. Detroit is the hub for Northwest-KLM..Most of the cpiers fly Northwest because of Visa issues. They should know procedure.
Do you sincerly think they care ??? :rolleyes:

sansin said:
CP_QUERY:

My entry date was 9/8, just 1 day after you entered.
So we are in the same situation.

Could you please post an update in this thread (or send me a PM, whichever is convenient for You) once you get your welcome letter and plastic card.
I will do the same.

thanks
Sanjay
I will do the same. We don't know what these maharajas would be doing with our papers until we receive the Hara-Patta.

POE Phila

Hello all,
Our POE was 10/15 Phila, we were told to go for secondary examination where our fingerprints were taken by first putting the finger on the stamp pad and then put on some form. We were also told to sign on that form through a metallic slot. The officer told us to await the cards for six months or so, if not recd by then, to call the Phila immigration office.
Has this been experienced by all??
I went for a drivers license and they would not even honor the new MRV 551, they said they have not even seen this before, and issued me a license only valid for six months, until the green card arrives!!!!
Please share similar experiences.
GCM

Oh gosh! That's horrible. DL for 6 mos. Did they not stamp the "ink" based 551 on the passport?

similar problem at the social security office

Since they no more stamp a seperate I-551 on the passport it is causing problems.
I faced similar problem at the social security office.

These guys are not updated with the latest version of the GC-mess. This is new for them and you know how confused they get when they see something different.

I think we have to convince them showing the I-551 endorsement line on the visa and tell them that the reg no (i guess) is the A# with '0' preceeding.

Guys

Not Stamping I-551 is strange.

My POE was Oct 10 through New Ark,NJ. They stamped I-551 on the passport and put A number on it.

May each POE is doing it differently.

Gchope

I entered US on 9.27.04. Today recieved my Plastic card. But no welcome letter.

Interview was: 08/06/04
POE: Detroit.

CP_QUERY,

I dont think I quite understand you, when you say that the I-551 was NOT stamped in your passport. I received the I-551 rubber-stamp in my passport at the POE, and they also wrote by hand my A#, and the date until the stamp is valid, which is 1 year from date of entry.

Lets hope our cards arrive soon.

-sanjay

stamp on pp

CP-QUERY, others:

I entered at lax yest and i dont have a separate i-551 ink stamp on my pp. they gave me an accompanying letter - just a standard letter saying the stamp on my pp serves as form i-551 (green card) for a year. I think a few ppl are in the same situation - ie not having a explicit stamp on the pp. how serious is this?

Thx,
Dilbert