6 months for medical ??

IAmTiredOfThis

Registered Users (C)
From Paradigm Shifter's post :

"However, it said that I shouldn't do my medical until 6 months from the day of this letter. I was under the impression that I have to finish it ASAP once I receive my med forms. "

What's this ??? So they want u to do your medical 6 months from now which would mean that you will get your landing papers in some 6-7 months or so ? Is this some new addition to the Canadian immigration rules ?

I too have recieved the initial assessment saying that I should not get my medicals done for the next six months. I have also been asked to send the bank statement, W2 and recent paystub. I am not sure if the consulate will let us know that we should go ahead and get our medicals done or irrespective of anything we should do it after six months???

This is terrible, you guys aren't going to get your landing papers untill the middle of next year it seems.

Also, can u give us yr details, as to when u applied, when your assessment was done etc.

Or is it that your interviews have not been waived ? If that is the case, it makes sense for them to ask you to do yr medicals later.

At least my interview is waived. I dont know why they had said to wait for 6 months to get medicals done.

My interview was also waived

I have not been asked for an interiew. However, as mentione din my previous post, I have to wait for medical until the 6 months from the date of letter.

Thanks!

Hi ParadigmShifter and rscool:

Are you folks planning on waiting for 6 months for the medicals ? Or do you think one should take the risk of doing them before that and seeing if the process gets completed within that 12 month timeframe ?

I think the things to consider would be:
1)Extra cost
2)Extra time added to the process - any idea how much ??
3)DMP should be same for re-medicals - so one needs to be careful while doing the medicals the first time, specially if one plans to leave the US (for Buffalo consulate cases) and wait for the LP from outside.

That's about all the risk factors that come to my mind for doing medicals now, without waiting for the extra 6 months...

Please let me know your viewpoints on this....

Thanks...

Will do it after 6 months

Hi!
Considering that they have asked us to wait until six months, I guess they have a better estimate of the lead time for issuing landing papers. As the time for sending the file number has gone through the roof, I guess they have a lot of applicaitons to handle.
Doing the medicals early will not only be a waste of money, but make the process longer (they will send us papers again, then doc will take his/her time to send them etc.). So, as long as we go by their directions, I guess we should be fine.

Take care and feel free to ask any questions, if you have any.
Also, please do keep us posted!

Re: Will do it after 6 months

Originally posted by ParadigmShifter
Hi!
Doing the medicals early will not only be a waste of money, but make the process longer (they will send us papers again, then doc will take his/her time to send them etc.). So, as long as we go by their directions, I guess we should be fine.

thats a very good advice.

I am facing a lot of delay because my mother did the medical even before I applied (sponsored) here, thinking it will save us time. Well the background check took a long time and by that time the medicals had expired. So they asked us to go for medical and again after the first one, my mother has to go for additional tests.