6 month rule for CSC

Arun Mehta

Registered Users (C)
I have heard that we can change employers once you file for I-485 so long as INS center is not CSC. Is this correct? If it works in other INS centers, it should work even at CSC.

Does anyone have any updates on this.

No Title

yes its true (according to murthy.com). you will have to search the murthy chat archive to get it. it was in a chat, say, a couple of months back.
in short, she says CSC is allowing 180-day rule only if the person changes job after 180 days even if the 485 processing takes more time than that

6 month rule

Read murthy.com chat transcripts

She says that the exact wording of the AC21 law (180 day rule) means that

a) Salary can increase or decrease from original application
b) location can be different - u can apply on east coast and move to Texas or California or any other location for that matter
c) If ur case has not been adjudicated before 180 days u r clear

Currently some cases are being adjudicated in 200 - 230 days hence if u ask about the future it maybe that approvals start very fast.

She maintains that if u change employer before 180 days all other centres are accepting it and she feels that CSC will also accept it

This is my interpretation of her statements

Please check this out very carefully - before taking any action

No Title

probably should also add another point

(d) should be in the same or similar filed of occupation

Also about CSC, she says since they are interpreting it differently, this issue might have to be resolved "at a national level from INS HQ". What does that mean?

she does say that

if csc rejects then they will appeal and it will be resolved at national level

Now she has started saying another thing also

After GC stamping it was assumed that u could not change job for at least 6 months to 1 year - now she has started saying that u can change jobs because of the AC21 law

please comment