5th fingerprinting appt in 2 years...

martabr

I just received another scheduled appointment to get my fingerprints taken. It's the 5th time! I've filed my I-485 family based application in September 04 and so far all I receive is fingerprinting appointments. The last three have been 3 months apart. I call USCIS asking if there is anything else I can do besides having to take time off from work and go to the Service Center again and again and nobody can give me an answer. Is there a limit to when they will quit trying the same thing over and over? My hands are not going to change, I sweat in my hands, and maybe that's why the fingerprints are not very clear. But that won't change. Is there any action I can take? I'd be more than willing to get a police background check, but I probably have to wait until USCIS asks me to do it. Any advice on how to speed it up? Thanks,

Ask USCIS to send you "request for police clearance in lieu of FBI fingerprint clearance". They should ask you to collect police clearance from all places you have live in the past five years.