• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

5 passes in SSCE and a winner of DV2011

Kumasi_Boy

Hello people, I am new to this wonderful site and I believe you'll help me out. I am from Kumasi, Ghana, and a winner of DV2011 Lottery. I am using education for the qualification and I have both SSCE and a Professional Diploma certificate from a recognized IT institution. My problem is, I have 5 passes in Senior High School including Maths & English. I'm I qualified? Because, I read at the US site that you need to successfully complete a 12 year education equal to the SHS in the US and they did not mention any grade qualification. Please advise me. Thanks in advance.

Hello people, I am new to this wonderful site and I believe you'll help me out. I am from Kumasi, Ghana, and a winner of DV2011 Lottery. I am using education for the qualification and I have both SSCE and a Professional Diploma certificate from a recognized IT institution. My problem is, I have 5 passes in Senior High School including Maths & English. I'm I qualified? Because, I read at the US site that you need to successfully complete a 12 year education equal to the SHS in the US and they did not mention any grade qualification. Please advise me. Thanks in advance.

Kumasi Boy congrats for being selected. I will advise you visit and be an active member of the 'DV 2011 Ghana Winners meet here' forum and believe me it will be of great help to you.

I am also a DV 2011 winner and i have benefitted much from that thread. there are soo many information and experiences shared by previous winners which you can enjoy from. dont miss out on this thread and your GC will surely be granted you. Peace be unto you and i look forward to meeting you on that thread.

kumasi boy,
you need certificates to show that you have 12 years of formal education. if you did not pass the examinations in any of your education levels you probably will not receive a certificate and advance to the next level. transcripts are sometimes asked for, so if you have these and can prove that you have completed 12 years then you are ok.

Can you get some kind of letter from your educational department stating that combined you have a 12yr education?
I expect that this would be very valuable.

komas boy, the direct answer to ur question is that, wat u need is 5 credits in ur SSCE not ordinary pass. I hope dis answers ur question. Try and visit oda threads.

komas boy, the direct answer to ur question is that, wat u need is 5 credits in ur SSCE not ordinary pass. I hope dis answers ur question. Try and visit oda threads.