5 months and still waiting for oci card

pete panara

dear sir i have applied for oci on may 11,2010.houston office got application on 26th may,2010.i am trying to call during their specified time,nobody comes online,sent numerous e-mails,no response.holding my usa pass port for 5 monts!!!.does it really take that long ? if i knew i would not have applied.
i just want someone hear my cry.

thanks
pete panara

I know couple other people waiting for their OCI since may at Houston. So you are not alone.

The website says 12 weeks tops, and if it takes more than that than something is wrong. Why your US PPT with them, if the application is pending? You were only supposed to send your US PPT when they receive Docs back from Delhi.

I recommend to write a strong email and follow-up with several phone calls. I know its not easy to get through but if you aren't in driving distance than thats the best you could do.

Check the Houston thread. It is taking 6-8 months (official figures from Consul officials) in Houston.

Withdraw your application / you might get it back

Pete Panara,

I am in same boat. They are holding applications for 3,4 months and sending back saying there is no Surrender certificate. Though my surrender certificate is in process, they didnot bother linking those two. They want me to send OCI appication again after i get my surrender certificate.

call 713-626-3154, that is OCI dept. Boss and he will answer in his own style.

Last edited by a moderator: