5 approvals

From rupnet.com I saw that approval is speeding up. Most of the cases approved now are RFEd around last Dec. and these cases are from Jan - Apr. 2002. Also I saw that some May cases are getting RFE, so next approvals will be from May to ??. With this speed, all 2002 cases should be approved by the end of this year. But still 2-year backlog.

One More for the visitors:D AD 12/23/2004. RD 12/126/2001. fingerprinted twice EAD thrice, bruised countless times, but every dog has its day.

Congrats PrasadC. Could you please post details of your RFE Date, RFE reply recvd date and also if you contacted any senator or congressman ?

Thanks

First I contacted Senator Dick Durbin's office last June. In July they issued an RFE. Subsequently I contacted them in the month of November, and after a month they sent me a letter that they are currently processing applications from August of 2001 same old crap. I took a aquaintance of mine who is an active Republican and approached my IL-8 Congressman Phillip Crane. Right in front of me they made an inquiry and the officer on the other side said, my file was put back on the regular pile, inspite of issuing an RFE and me replying it. The congressman is the member of ways and means committee which oversees inconsistencies in Government business. They sent a letter to the director Terry May of Lincoln Nebraska, asking for a clarification on my situation. I don't know if that letter did anything but, I got the approval after a month.

Good luck to you.

Congratulation and Thanks

for presenting your experiences with Senetor's office. Atleast we can push our cases thru Senator's office with the help of our republican or democratic friends.

Contacting Congressman

Mine is a Dec 2001 case and I responded to an employment RFE in May 2003 and FP2 was done is Sept 2003. But, I am still waiting. My experience with Senator Durbin's office is similar to prasadc. I contacted them in July 2003 and got FP2.

Now, I am going to contact Congessman Phil Krane because I live in his constituency.

Is it better to contact the congressman's office through somone or write a letter directly.

Prasdc or anyone that has done this - can you please throw some light on this.

mindsprt, Write a letter and take it personally to Phil Crane's office. There meet one Ms. Linda Reid, she is very knowledgeble in immigration matters. Make sure you mention that you have received a RFE. Otherwise they will say that they are processing applications from August 2001 and you will have to wait your turn. However if they have issued an RFE, it is deemed for adjudication.
Phil Crane's office is on North West Highway in Palatine.
Good Luck.

GURUS One Question

My Case Has Been Approved Last Wednesday, How long It will take to receive a letter from BCIS to My self and Lawer Office

Mine got approved on Monday and I received the courtesy copy on Thursday. My lawyer in Detroit has not received the Official Copy yet.

Not yet. I am waiting for the official copy. I have been receiving conflicting responses, whether we can take the courtesy copy or not.

"prasadc"

Few weeks back I seen the note that courtesy copy is Sufficient for to get stapping is it TRUE?

RFE .. for prasadc

Prasadc,
Thanks for posting your experience of working with the local congressman. You mentioned that your case was put back on the old pile despite an RFE being issued and a response obtained.
Is there any posting on the web from BCIS stating that earlier RFed cases should be handled faster compared to later non RFEd
cases (I remember someone mentioning that after an RFE, the case should be adjudicated within 6 months) - and this has been
posted on the BCIS web site.

Thanks for your help.

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

There is no document to substantiate it, but that is what I guaged by the conversation between the lady in the congressman's office and the IO. The congressman aide called up the immigration right in front of me, while I was sitting in the office of the congressman.

60 Days

On uscis.gov you can look up you service center and there it says that after responding to a RFE your case should be processed in 60 days. If not, you can ask for a case referral.

Contacted Congressman Phil Krane

I contaced Phil Krane's office and the lady there was very knowledgable and understood my situtation (sent RFE response in Apr 2003, FP2 in Sept 2003, still waiting etc.) very quickly.

She said she will try to find out where my file got lost after the RFE response. I don't know if I will receive any communication from the congressman's office about this. She said thier office will monitor the case.

All I can do is stay hopeful.