4th FP Notice? Only for myself, not for spouse!

usrfdluj

Registered Users (C)
Greetings, everyone!

I wonder if anyone has similar experience. I received an "ASC Appointment Notice" (it has been "Fingerprint Notice" in the past, did they change the title of the notice form??), having a code "1".

It seems to be a FP notice, because it says "...To process your application, the USCIS must capture your biometrics."

Now I have 2 questions:

1. Only I received it, but my wife did not;
2. Both of us did biometrics in May 2005, which is only 10 months ago. It should NOT get expired (having a expiration date on FP is dummiest thing I ever heard), then why I got this lovely invitation again????!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Thanks for your opinions!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
me too

I also got 3rd FP notice (Code 1)today in mail scheduled for 4/15/06. BUT I DID NOT GET THE FP notice for my wife. It is about 15 months since I gave my first finger prints in December, 2004 (second in June, 2005) but so is for my wife.

What is the meaning of this FP notice? My PD and RD are current but name Check is pending (as of Feb, 27). Do not know the name check status for my wife.

Any one in similiar situation? does it mean ready to approval or just another MAYA?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like I am not alone

damascus said:
I also got 3rd FP notice (Code 1)today in mail scheduled for 4/15/06. BUT I DID NOT GET THE FP notice for my wife. It is about 15 months since I gave my first finger prints in December, 2004 (second in June, 2005) but so is for my wife.

What is the meaning of this FP notice? My PD and RD are current but name Check is pending (as of Feb, 27). Do not know the name check status for my wife.

Any one in similiar situation? does it mean ready to approval or just another MAYA?

TIA
Thanks for all your replies.

Mine PD will be current in 1 week, and I know for sure that my FBI name check was cleared. I had high expectations that my I-485 be approved soon. I hope this FP notice is a good sign.

Why me??

Guys,

Why me??? I got my code 1.. My PD is 07/2003(EB3).. But spouse didn't get it..
Any ideas?

Thanks.

No rescheduling option

I looked at the Code 1 biometrics notice and normally the wording that says "RESCHEDULING THE APPOINTMENT WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION....BLAH..BLAH.... CALL THE SERVICE CENTER FOR RESCHEDULING ..." is not present. That means THIS appointment CAN NOT BE RESCHEDULED At ALL? Not that I need rescheduling but just seems weird.

Are your notices appear similir with no sentence that says RESCHEDULING ...etc?

The fact that I got FP notice means my Name Check is cleared? I read some where in this forum that they wil not issue FP notices if the name check is not cleared. Any ideas on this?

TIA

schedule actually flexible

damascus said:
I looked at the Code 1 biometrics notice and normally the wording that says "RESCHEDULING THE APPOINTMENT WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION....BLAH..BLAH.... CALL THE SERVICE CENTER FOR RESCHEDULING ..." is not present. That means THIS appointment CAN NOT BE RESCHEDULED At ALL? Not that I need rescheduling but just seems weird.

Are your notices appear similir with no sentence that says RESCHEDULING ...etc?

The fact that I got FP notice means my Name Check is cleared? I read some where in this forum that they wil not issue FP notices if the name check is not cleared. Any ideas on this?

TIA
I will try to answer your questions I have knowledge/experience with:

First, that "reschedule will delay your case...." statement is standard, don't get upset. You may want to show up earlier than later. If that date/time is not working for you, just show up there with the notice. In other words, they will accept "walk-ins" with the notice in hand; My wife and I did that last time;

Second, receiving the FP notice does not necessarily mean your Name Check is cleared. There is no relation between those 2 (unless USCIS and FBI recently changed the way they process applications). I received 4 FP notices, among which, first 3 FP notices were during my Name Check pending.

Nope - no known connection between namecheck and biometric notices - don't think these processes are connected.