485th day today

bayou_desi

Registered Users (C)
Today is a ignominious day in my GC saga. While the status on the website for my I-140 says "It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case", today is the 485th day since my I-140 was received by USCIS and no action has been taken on it yet. There have been a couple of LUD changes on my I-485 lately, but I attribute it to my calling to change my address.

My question is that is it because my I-140 is based on labor sub that it is taking so long for them to process? I have seen so many relative "newbies" on this forum getting approved left and right. Its very frustrating to say the least, although nothing against those who are getting approved quickly. It would be nice if they followed the simple rule of "First frikkin' come, First frikkin' served"..

Anyway, thats my venting for today. Anybody want to share this platform of frustration and tag on..

I-140/I-485 - ND - 8/12/03
FP - 9/25/04

Last edited by a moderator:
How about 790 days (yes, seven ninety)....I-140 EB1-EA RD 10/14/2002.....been through 3 EAC approvals, 2nd FP (10/28/04) - everyone's saying expect approval by end of year....i'm not so sure..

FRUSTATED !!!!! :eek:

CT-Waiting ... I am almost in the same situation as you are. My I140 is pending in VSC since 12/02.
Did you request information on your case? It seems more than 30 days passed since they released their new processing dates!!! You mentioned something about expected approvals before the end of the year .. is there any talk about processing all 2002 cases before the end of the year?

I just checked online and my I-140 was approved yesterday... I was going to ask my congressman to inquire about my case since VSC was 30d past on the cases....Looks like you shouldn't have long to wait...prob 6-8 weeks max judging my my case....It depends on how many are in line before...

best of luck to you..

CT_waiting.

CT-waiting, Congratulations .. This is really great news for you and for all of us poor fellas who are waiting since 2002 ...

Could you share with us something about your background, i.e. qualifications etc for the EA case?

The reason I am asking is that after two years, I look back at how my case was filed and I think, Hmmm, things really changed, and then I wonder if I was good enough to qualify for EA!!

I'm writing this to Aneesharhur and all the fellows waiting since 2002.
Mine (EB1-EA, ND 10/08/03) has been approved yesterday, I was quite surprised. I think VSC started to speed up processing EB1 (EA/OR) cases.

It's been an unpleasant time waiting (particularly since the Co. i work for has gone through several downsizings)...In terms of my qualifications for EA, i was in research (Msc and Phd, taught at 2 prestigious institions and have worked in medical marketing at a pharmaceutical Co for 5 years when i initiated the I-140/485.

I cannot provide much on my job qual and experience at the Co. since it is propietary information but i can tell you that in my application i included 14 ref letters from around the world (experts in their field) with particular attention to qualifiying as 'extraordinary ability'. In addition, the application contains many presentations and publications i have - the application letter to the INS points out that I qualify for SEVERAL out of the 9 ( i think it is) types of EA requirements...

No i do not have a Nobel Prize, far from it - in fact when my Co. attorney suggested going this route i thought it would never succeed. They told me that i had a strong case (although i still did not believe them) and said they do not suggest going for EA unless that is the case (that i believe is the attorney speaking rather than a general rule).

I was very worried due to the length of time it has taken (and i've noticed 2 or 3 EA applications get approved that were submitted after mine)...add to that a whole load of EB1-OR's that seem to have been submitted and i'm not suprised it's taken this long....

As for me, i expect the 485 to follow v shortly and i can breathe a sigh of relief....To you and the rest waiting for the EB1's good luck and hope that the applications soon get approved..

CT_waiting (maybe i should change my screen name !)..

Congrats Gc Waiting!

That's really good news!
i'm been waiting for 663 days so far, and hope my turn will come soon

marathon
eb1-ea, VSC, ND 02/05/03

Why some EA/NIW are processed before others?

I have seen that most cases filed for EA and NIW follow the timelines given on NIS website (processing dates). However, and mostly from this forum, I started to realize that there are applications that were approved months ahead of others.

This makes me wonder how does VSC prioritize their cases?

My hypothesis is that:
1. Each officer is assigned a given number of cases. However some get busy with other requirements. Those who are not distracetd process their cases faster than others! - I doubt this one -
2. There is a specific question in the NIW/EA applications that trigers priority, i.e. cases with priority given a separate number or stacked separately. I am not sure what this question might be as I have not filed the application myself.

If anyoe has any theory on how things are processed, then please share it with us ...

I-140 Approved!

Friends,
My I-140 NIW VSC ND 12/02 is finally approved!!!
I guess this closes the era on 2002 and the beginning of the new 2003 era ..