485s getting approved as PDs become current ..

Hi Saras76

I don't understand the April 01 line you are talking about, and that everybody here seems to know about.
Is something going to happen that date?
Thanks

Its anyone guess ..

dcmetro22042 said:
Interesting Saras. I was of the understanding that the moment the date moves past April, 01 for EB3, we shall see fast movement. You raise a good point. Maybe it does go past only to come back after a few months. I hope there aern't a whole lot of 245i cases left...are there any statistics out somewhere that show how many 245i cases were approved out of the 300K that you mentioned earlier?

dcmetro22042,

No one really knows exactly how many pending 245i cases are out there. The widely used number is 300,000. I am not sure where this has originated. I do not think anyone including the DOS and USCIS has a clue. I believe 300,000 245i apps were received in April 01 but there is no data to show exactly how many of those have already gotten approved or how many have been rejected. There was an article that stated that a lot of the 245i apps were done in haste and it is very likely that a large number got rejected at the labor stage itself. These are all speculations. I personally think the number of pending 245i cases is about 100,000-120,000.

regards,

saras76

saras,

A question for you. Do you have an idea what will be the impact on EB2 for India this year. It was backlogged to 1999 in October and is currently on Feb 2002.

Any comments would be appreciated.

bong

I think it is time legal labor category immigrants in the queue for green card started complaining about amenesty to their congressmen and senators and also write to the news media. The current retrogression is to plan for the hoards of 245i cases - mostly EB3s. This will not just affect EB3s, but also EB2s. Most bills that are to be introduced in March skew the quota towards EB3 over EB2 particularly.