vrvr

Registered Users (C)
I\'ve lost my EAD card. What should I do ?. how long it will take when I apply for new EAD ?. I\'ve not yet informed my attorney

thanks
vr
PD 12/99
ND 2/20/01
FP done 4/01
EAD 4/01
EB2/RIR, CSC

Call the number you have it on EDA recipet and provide the wac number IIO if asked. Ask her what you can do about it that will be the first step.

Next time don\'t loose it.

later
snoop

Your atorney or yourself should have EAD #. Thats all you need

Why you concerned about real EAD card. Card # is enough. Now don\'t tell me that you don\'t have the # either.

Lost EAD

I lost my EAD as well so here are your options.

You need to apply for a new EAD card in case you are planning to change jobs. If it was stolen then you need to provide a copy of the police report along with your new application. It takes the same amount of time to get a replacement card as if you had applied for a new card. Once you get the receipt you can goto the locl INS office to get an interim card after 90 days of the notice. hope this helps.

All this if you are planning to change jobs, else I would just wait for the I-485 approval and not bother.

thanks for the replies

I am not planning to change jobs. I heard that ead card is needed for 485 stamping. Is it true ?

regards
vr

EAD

Well INS asks you to submit your EAD card at the time of stamping along with the advance parole. You should ask you lawyer what are your options if you have lost your EAD card. Either you might have to apply for a new one and use the receipt if the I-485 gets approved or you might be able to use the police report to show that your card was stolen. Do consult your lawyer and they will be able to advise.