485 Transferred to Local Office

bkh33al

Registered Users (C)
guys,

does anyone has any idea how long it takes for an interview(I485) to be scheduled at the washington DC local office? My 485 got transferred to the local DC office on may 14, 2004.

ND april 2002
FP1 June 2002
FP2 November 2003
RFE April 14

bkh33al said:
guys,

does anyone has any idea how long it takes for an interview(I485) to be scheduled at the washington DC local office? My 485 got transferred to the local DC office on may 14, 2004.

ND april 2002
FP1 June 2002
FP2 November 2003
RFE April 14

this is a big thread in the local transfers forum in VSC. there is a wealth of info there.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=56637

Last edited by a moderator:
bkh33al said:
guys,

ND april 2002
FP1 June 2002
FP2 November 2003
RFE April 14

What was your RFE for? I'm seeing a new trend here. People are first being slammed with an RFE, and as though that wasn't enough. they get transferred to the local office, adding insult to injury. What's with USCIS?

mavishka said:
What was your RFE for? I'm seeing a new trend here. People are first being slammed with an RFE, and as though that wasn't enough. they get transferred to the local office, adding insult to injury. What's with USCIS?

You might be on to something. Cases get RFEs to imply movement, they get transferred until the processing dates of the district centers and local offices are closer, the numbers look better, the backlog is improving (on paper), yet no actual movement in adjudications is happening.

Is it VSC to MSC and then local or otherwise

I found a lot of cases transferred to MSC and then maybe they will be sent back to local office.
Did it happen that someone was transferred to local office and then that office transferred case to MSC for processing.
I am really confused and :mad: at this mess.