485 transferred to local office-milwaukee

Hi Pteju

Congratulations ! Just 5 months not bad !!! I hope mine gets in at same speed. Keep us updated and please share your experiance.
By the way is there a office in Bloomington, MN? I thought your case was in Milwaukee - how come its not in Bloomington MN?

I live in Menomonie, WI so technically the Minnesota office is closest to me. I think I should have been transferred there in the first place.

My husband and I got our I-485 approvals yesterday after our interview in Bloomington, MN.
Interview was about 20 mins long and quite simple. The interview notice had scheduled me 30 mins before him, but the officer called both of us in together. Most of the questions were regarding our marriage. He had moved to another state recently while I had to stay back in the mid-west. Hence they wanted to find out the circumstances of the move (new job) and to make sure we were still married. They kept our EVL's, my pay-stubs, our tax returns from the last 3 years, and copies of the plane itineraries showing that we kept flying regularly back and forth to see each other. They asked me some details about him and asked him some details about me. They also asked how we met and about the wedding itself. They also asked a few questions about our respective jobs. That was it, the officer then checked to make sure there was an immigrant visa available and stamped our passports.

Our details:
RD: 4/4/03
FP1: 6/21/03 (myself), 5/21/03 (husband)
FP2 ND: 1/25/05 (myself), 11/16/04 (husband)
Transfer to Milwaukee: 11/15/04
Interview date in Minnesota: 4/7/05
Approval date: 4/7/05

Thanks to all of you in this forum for the help and support. Good luck to all of you!!

Can anyone please tell me ....what is the current processing date for the Employee based I-485 for the Milwaukee office. The dates that are showing under the USCIS Dist., office are the dates for the family based I-485??

Please update me !!..If you have any information...

How long it takes to get approval letter

Hi guys,

I had my interview for AOS at Milwaukee last week. The officer told that he will send approval letter soon.

Does any body know how long it takes to get an approval letter after interview?

Thanks

ayahska- Congratulations!!!
Could you please tell me about your experiences in Milwaukee INS office? My case just got transferred to the Milwaukee office today. Not sure how long will it take for them to call for an interview. I would like to know what kind of information was being requested in your case.

Thanks for your time

Cbarus,
The officer checked few documents. Kept the EVL and tax documents. Asked if we have been arrested. and few more harmless questions. We were done in 10-15 minutes.

He said that he had few other interviews to take care of. After that he will request for visa and send the approval notice. We should get that in two weeks.

I do not know if they have another process after interview where they take decisions.

ayahska- Thanks for the information. When was your case transferred to the local office? Just trying to guess how long will it be before I get my turn.

Thanks