485 Transferred to Atlanta

waiting_200012

HELP!!! Gurus, anyone has experience with I-485 transferred to Atlanta office for an interview? Normally how long does it take for the appointment to be scheduled and how the process look like? Thanks a lot for your help.

No Title

It can take anywhere from 3-9months. The advantage is that you can go to the local INS office in person and inquire about the status.
What are your details. RD, ND and FP?

Do you live at a place that comes under Atlanta jurisdiction ?

My case has been transferred to Atlanta, but due to an error (obviously unknown error !). It should have gone to the Charlotte office. It is still with Atlanta after my repeated requests to re-transfer it to Charlotte. I hope your case is not the same. I had my EAD renewed with them, but I have no idea how much time they take to schedule an interview. Good luck with your case.

How can you request the re-transfer

I am in the same boat, Ferrari. I am not living at Atlanta jurisdiction. I tried to call them and request a re-transfer but was routed to the 800 number (national service center) and did not get any help at all. How did you request the re-transfer?

It gets worse everyday

That is the most common response from INS if they route you to the 800 number. The National Customer Service Center will not be able to take your request for re-transfer, because they cannot "open" your case. You need to speak to an Immigration Officer. I did the same thing and I spoke to 3 different IIOs to see the consistency of answer. I found that all three responded with the same answer with minor differences. What you need to do is, write a letter to the Atlanta INS and the INS office where you want your case to go (in my case it is Charlotte). You must send a copy to both INS offices. I have done this twice since September 11th. Unfortunately at the same time the "Anthrax-Mail Room shutdown" started, so I do not even know if any of the INS offices have received my request. I am planning to visit Charlotte Office in person, because my case has aged out long back, but there is no decision.

Another trick (but a risky trick, I must warn) is to send an address change request, which automatically transfers your case to the nearest jurisdiction, but might take very long time for the actual transfer and approval.

I hope this helps a little. If not, continue to post your opinions in the same thread, I will be watching it frequently.

Waiting,
Did you receive any interview letter from INS Atlanta ? Do you know How long Atlanta local office is taking to schedule interview for 485 local transfer cases.

Thanks

Any status update ThakurSahab?

Did you receive any notice of your case being transferred from either TSC or Atlanta Service Center, Thakurji?

Bhai Logon,

When did I say my case got transferred to Atlanta local office, I was just asking question. My case is pending with VSC its Rd Apr 19 2002. Also I seldom visit this forum so PM me if you need immediate reply.

Baki sab F&F (Fit and Fine).