485 transfered to Washington DC

vihsuna

Looks like VSC is really in mood for transferring cases for interview. On 17 oct, my case got transfered to washington DC for interview.My details:
EB2 India
PD:Sep 98
RD:28 sep 99
FP:05 Aug 00

The automated message says it could take "several months" to get a call for interview.Is there any use in talking to the IIO regarding this ?
Does anyone know whom I should contact to know the reason for transfer ?
Thanks.

No Title

You were probably transfered to Arlington INS. They do not have IIOs all you can do is get up really early and go there and ask them. I\'ve done that before. The line starts forming around 5 am. This INS is also extremely busy. Good luck

No Title

hi,
can you tell us your ND please. i hope they have not transfered your case to arlingotn. i heared from a friend that it will take a very long time to get an interview. i live in VA and i hope it does not happen to me. Do you work or live in DC!!!

No Title

From my information, transfer to Arlington, VA is not a good sign unlike transfer to Baltimore. There is no IO in Arlington and a friend of mine got stuck for almost 2 years. Things might have changed a bit. Do contact the local Congress man after couple of months if you don\'t get a call.

No Title

actaully this is true?
once VSC transfers your case to arlinton INS it will take two years to be processed. i heared that from my frined. this is terible. any one has any experience on that?

No Title

Unfortunately it is true. Local INS offices process family-based applications. My friend has her application there and they are telling her that current processing time for I-485 is 25 months. They don\'t distinguish between family based cases and emplyment-based cases transferred from regional centers - they all get in the same line. Arlington is simply horrible, but maybe it makes sence to actually go there and talk to them.

No Title

HEY,
what is the reason for transfering a case to the local ins office. actually i have not seen one single case on this board to be trnasfered to Arlington ins. i think this is the first posting i have seen on this forum??? do yo have any experience on this?
my lawyer told me that unless your case has some medicl problems or something missing from your case and this is when you get an interviewe? i dont know if this is true? any comments
thanks

No Title

Ivy,A sinha,Hasanali,

Sorry I couldn\'t get back earlier. Thanks a ton to all of you for the feed back.I live and work about 100 miles south of DC. In fact, as you pepole have rightly said, my case has been transfered to Arlington. From what I have heard of this board and my friends, Arlington looks bad enough. My attorney himself did not like the fact that my case has landed up there. He said I have another long wait.The reason why it has gone for interview ? According to my attorney, it could be for two reasons (1) Randomly I have been chosen for this (2)Something is seriously wrong with my application which can only be resolved by a 1 to 1 meeting.I do not,as yet,know to which category I belong.My application sailed smoothly thus far.I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I received the official notification of this today. The automated message had the telephone number of National customer service center 1-800-375-5283. When I called up this number the IIO told me that it would take 20 months from the date of filing of 485, to get the interview call. It has already been 12 months past since filing for 485. So I guess another 8 months or more!!!

I hope none of you get into my kind of situation. I wish each of you a smooth sailing.There was a mention of contacting congress man of the area. Has anyone done this before ? Are they helpful ? Thanks

No Title

Hey Vihsuna,
i have talked with two attorney\'s about your case being transfered to Ins arlington. they told me that there is usually no such a thing unless there is something seriously wrong with your case.
and they also said you can get an interview as soon as the arlington office gets your case. you dont have to wait for another year or so.
but your lawyer has to go there and push them for an interview. i have confirmed this with two attorney\'s. they were very surprised about a case being transfered to Arlington office. Do you think there is something wrong with your case? did you file I-485 by yourself?
let us know,
cheers.

No Title

VSC I-485 case transeferred to Portland, Oregon

I checked the automated VSC system and found my case transeferred to Portland Oregon Local INS Office.

Here are details:-
EB-2 India ( Regular Labor Certification )

PD : 13-Feb-1998
485 RD : 06-Jul-1999
485 ND : 27-Jul-1999

FP Done : 09-May-2000 Portland Oregon

No RFE etc.

Case transerred to Portland, Oregon on 26-Oct-2000 per
the automated system.

Message says Local INS office will schedule and conduct interview.

Anyone else who has experience in Portland.

Is it going to be another long wait???

Any ideas how long will this take.

thanks,
mj1234

No Title

Counsellor Processing Questions

Hi,

My I-485 is pending.
The case transferred to local INS Portland Oregon.

My notice date is 27-July-1999.

But unfortunately my case was transfered by VSC to Portland
on 26-Oct-2000. I have no idea why they did that.

I looked at shusterman.com for Portland INS for Adjustment Of Status
timings and found Portland takes 1050 days after filing to get
the interview.

That will be a too long waiting for me..

I was wondering if I can choose Counsellor Processing route.

If I go thru\' local INS that means I will get my interview in
July 2002 ( 1050 days )

http://www.shusterman.com/aos4.html

Processing Time Information From Shusterman Site
http://www.shusterman.com/aos4.html

PORTLAND
---------

Permanent Residence - Adjustment of Status

Filing Until Approval (With Interview) 1050 Days

Work Permit ("Employment Authorization Document") 21 - 30 Days

Travel Permit ("Advanced Parole") 21 - 30 Days

--------------------------------------------------------------------

That really will be very long wait...

So I was wondering if I could try Counsellor Processing in India.

People after my dates have got approval, and I will have to sit
for interview at local INS for another 2 years. That will be too
much.

Is it possible to do councellor processing simultaneously with
I-485??

What are other options??

To try counsellor processing do we then have to take back our
I-485???

If you have any ideas please post them here..

thanks,
MJ1234