485 Transfer to Philadelphia

stoevaal

Registered Users (C)
Our case got transfered to Philadelphia:
RD 01 June, 2001
TD 28 October, 2002
I'm trying to find out why the case was transfered and when we can expect an interview in Philadelphia. Our case was lost once before, we got RFE in February, submitted all required documents in March. Our patience is getting completely exhausted...:mad:

wow, you are the longest waiting I've ever seen in this forum!

Please give more details about your case. When your case lot? How did you find out etc.

About transfer to Philly, it's all depend on your luck, there are 2 possibility:

1. approve without interview (2-6 months)

2. interview: 1 year or more.

more detail please!

Misplaced

Our Officer in Vermont retired or was transfered or something like that. On top of that he worked from home!? As a result, when he stopped working our case stayed for about 3 months at his place whitout anybody knowing what is happenning exactly and why it is taking so long for the case to be approved. Then, somebody very smart assumed our case is resolved and send it to a storage place somewhere in MO???? Then we waited another month for the case to be returned to Vermont, after they admitted they've made a mistake and appologised. They promissed, our case will be looked at with priority because it was their mistake. Instead, it was transfered to the local office!!! We are so frustrated. I just can not believe people can be so unsensitive about other people's lives!

I'm just curious how INS locate your file for the long journy

It's a miracle. Did your lawer talked to them?

However, you are lucky your case wasn't lost bu such a transfer.

Why don't you call the local senator for help and file an apeal?

Good luck! Hope You'll hear something ASAP.

you should call your senator for help!

It does work! If senator can call philly's office, that's may help a lot!

Philly takes 10 months to a year

Its really a very sorry state of affairs after having waited this long. I also used to be a fellow suferer, since my case took a very long time for approval.
In any case last week when I went to Philly for PP stamping there was a gentleman I overheard talking to IIO regarding transferred case. The officer told him pretty bluntly that it would take about 10 months to a year to schedule an interview, from the time the case was transferred. Moreover, even though VSC had transferred his case Philly hadn't yet received it.
I would strongly recommend to visit Philly INS, preferably schedule an appointment, take your lawyer along if possible and explain to them that your case was delayed because of INS error, and see if they could expedite the adjudication in your case.

NIW vase?

Was your case NIW? Somebody posted that NIW cases are transfered to local offices. We don't have a clue why our case was transferred?

my friend, it doesn't matter what the reason is!

The transfer did happen and real and you can not change it. The only thing you should do is ask your lawer or senator for help, then you'll find out why.

Originally posted by stoevaal
Was your case NIW? Somebody posted that NIW cases are transfered to local offices. We don't have a clue why our case was transferred?

my case was transfered to philly office too. I initially filed at TSC, and got transfered to Charlotte, I filed address change, somehow, it took 3 month for Charlotte office to transfer my case, but to Pittsburgh office by mistake, and then the Pittsburgh office transfered to Philly office (it took total 2 weeks from Charlotte to Philly in the end though, after the case was transfered out of Charlotte). Now I am waiting for interview. my case is NIW (is this the reason for interview?).

Just filed for EAD renewal. anyone recently renewed EAD? how long does it take to get approval? they are NOT offering the same day service any more, The IIO says it may take up to 90 days for approval.

EAD Renewal

In my case, it took just about 3 weeks to get the new one. My case was still in Vermont at the time though. Yours may take even less time. When was your case transferred to Phila? RD? We may create a list, so we know how the interviews are moving. i think our case has not yet been received here, so I'm not taking any action yet.

Re: EAD Renewal

Originally posted by stoevaal
In my case, it took just about 3 weeks to get the new one. My case was still in Vermont at the time though. Yours may take even less time. When was your case transferred to Phila? RD? We may create a list, so we know how the interviews are moving. i think our case has not yet been received here, so I'm not taking any action yet.

Stoevaal, my case was transfered out of Charlotte on 10/18, received by Pittsburgh on 10/24 and transfered to Philadelphia on 10/25, I went to Philadelphia on 11/07, it ws there already. so once transfer was initiated, it's pretty fast.

RD 04/2001 and ND 04/2001, FP 05/2002, transfered to charlotte 08/2002.

When did you file I-765 for EAD renewal? In Philadelphia INS or in VSC? how long did it take for you to receive the pick-up notice after you filed I-765? What's written on the pick-up notice? a specific date or any time you can go to Philadelphia INS office to pick up the new EAD? any details are appreciated!

Yes, it would be great if we can create a list for tracking Philadelphia interviews, but how?

Thanks

our case were transfered to Philly in late September after being mistakenly transfered to Baltimore in early August. does it really take 10 months for interview???

Kia, you said it takes 2-6 months if it's "approved without interview"; 1 year or more if "interview". what does this imply? do they just look at one case within 2-6 months, if they think an interview is necessary, they will schedule an interview which will be at least half year later? would they notice you then? how does this process work?

is there any way to check the status of the case in PHilly INS. if i go there, will they tell me anything? do i have to go with a lawyer?

Philly INS is the slowest one in the east coast!

One of my friend got transfered last year but suprisely got approval without interview 6 months later. I also saw a post in this forum that his case was approved in less than 3 months without interview after transfered. If they decide to schedule an interview, then the nightmare will begin. Since they have very limited sources and there are a lot of transfers, they probably can only interview 3-4 cases per month and you can imagine the situation. Hopefully they changed the way recently.

There was a thread in this forum for tracking the interview time at Philly, please search for that.

The only thing I can tell you is that the IIOs in Philly officer is very hard to talk with and not willing to give any useful info. based on my experience. I suggest you take your lawer but I am not sure it will make any difference. I've heard it getting better now.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by libai
our case were transfered to Philly in late September after being mistakenly transfered to Baltimore in early August. does it really take 10 months for interview???

Kia, you said it takes 2-6 months if it's "approved without interview"; 1 year or more if "interview". what does this imply? do they just look at one case within 2-6 months, if they think an interview is necessary, they will schedule an interview which will be at least half year later? would they notice you then? how does this process work?

is there any way to check the status of the case in PHilly INS. if i go there, will they tell me anything? do i have to go with a lawyer?

My case has also been TR to Phialdelphia

EAC 02-053-54XXX PHILA TRANSFER/INTERVIEW
Hello everyone,
My case is EB1 from Pennsylvania. RD=10/19/02. My case has been transfered to local office in Philadelphia, TD=11/13/02. Needless to say I am pretty deppressed right now, due to another layer of uncertainity, ehile expecting an easy approval. Oh well,... Such is Life...

My first question is who else is out there whose case has been transferred to Phila office? If you reply to this posting than I can keep making searches on these people to follow up thier story, as they can do the same with me? Like a support group, like it really is!

Secondly is there anyone who "recently" had his case transferred? Can you share your case with the rest of us so that we can have an idea of the time betweeen TD and the appointment letter and the time between the appointment letter and the appointment date. I know it is a distribution, but at least we can all have an idea of this distribution.

Peace!

As i know, a lot of EB1 cases have been transfered.

it's obvious now.

Originally posted by Turkish Engineer
EAC 02-053-54XXX PHILA TRANSFER/INTERVIEW
Hello everyone,
My case is EB1 from Pennsylvania. RD=10/19/02. My case has been transfered to local office in Philadelphia, TD=11/13/02. Needless to say I am pretty deppressed right now, due to another layer of uncertainity, ehile expecting an easy approval. Oh well,... Such is Life...

My first question is who else is out there whose case has been transferred to Phila office? If you reply to this posting than I can keep making searches on these people to follow up thier story, as they can do the same with me? Like a support group, like it really is!

Secondly is there anyone who "recently" had his case transferred? Can you share your case with the rest of us so that we can have an idea of the time betweeen TD and the appointment letter and the time between the appointment letter and the appointment date. I know it is a distribution, but at least we can all have an idea of this distribution.

Peace!

Hey! Bud
Sorry to hear..........
However I would appreciate it if you could post detail of the RFE and probably the case as well........

Thanks a lot.

NIW

NIW: National Interest Waiver: it is one of the EB-1 categories from which one can apply for Permanent Residency (Green Card) based on employment.