needurgenthelp

Registered Users (C)
Dear folks,

I got a notice from Texas Service center this morning stating:

On September 30, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE
for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take
several months.

My priority date is 2005/6 EB2 LC. I concurrently filed 140 and 485 last year at Texas Service center. I140 was approved in Texas Center last year. I called USCIS customer service number just now. Somehow I got connected to NSC. One male officer told me for some reason NSC requested my case from Texas Center. He did not want to answer my any further questions. Does anyone here know what possible reasons NSC request my case? Will they interview me in Lincoln? Why don’t they interview me in Texas which is much closer to me? What is going on? Is anyone in this forum under the same situation?

My case also got transferred from TSC to NSC early september. It doesn't mean that you will be asked to appear for an interview in Lincoln. Cases are being transferred from TSC to NSC on some basis ( I dont know the exact reason). My priority date is oct 2001 and my I-140 is approved. seems that there are lots of difference between our cases but still both of ours got transferred from TSC to NSC.

Greenerpastures

needurgenthelp said:
Dear folks,

several months.

My priority date is 2005/6 EB2 LC. I concurrently filed 140 and 485 last year at Texas Service center. I140 was approved in Texas Center last year. I called USCIS customer service number just now. Somehow I got connected to NSC. One male officer told me for some reason NSC requested my case from Texas Center. He did not want to answer my any further questions. Does anyone here know what possible reasons NSC request my case? Will they interview me in Lincoln? Why don’t they interview me in Texas which is much closer to me? What is going on? Is anyone in this forum under the same situation?

My case was transferred from VSC to NSC on July 13, 2006 with the same message what you got. Till date nothing has happened. My I-140 (EB-2 NIW) was approved at VSC and I have a pending I-140 (EB-1EA) at NSC since June 21, 2006. I do not know what to figure out from the message that you and I got.

Last edited by a moderator:
madgu-gc2005 said:
My case was transferred from VSC to NSC on July 13, 2006 with the same message what you got. Till date nothing has happened. My I-140 (EB-2 NIW) was approved at VSC and I have a pending I-140 (EB-1EA) at NSC since June 21, 2006. I do not know what to figure out from the message that you and I got.

I also have a pending i140(EB-1b) at NSC. Maybe somehow they linked our pending I140 to our I485 application.

needurgenthelp said:
I also have a pending i140(EB-1b) at NSC. Maybe somehow they linked our pending I140 to our I485 application.

Why should USCIS link our pending I-140 with I-485 filed alongwith EB-2 I-140. If they link does it mean our I-140 EB-1 will be approved? what is your thought on this?

madgu-gc2005 said:
Why should USCIS link our pending I-140 with I-485 filed alongwith EB-2 I-140. If they link does it mean our I-140 EB-1 will be approved? what is your thought on this?

I have no idea. Just a guess. Because that male officer from NSC I got hold of did tell me for some reason NSC requested my 485 application from Texas center. How come they know I have filed 485 and have filed it at a different service center? The only possible way I can think of is they found my name from the pending 140 then traced to my 485 at a different center. I don't think it shows a definite 140 approval ( If they want to approve it, they should have already done so because the application has been lying on their desk for a while.) Probably they just want to reduce the redundant work. Probably your case falls into the same situation. Just my thought. Let's keep posting the updates to each other.

greenerpastures said:
My case also got transferred from TSC to NSC early september. It doesn't mean that you will be asked to appear for an interview in Lincoln. Cases are being transferred from TSC to NSC on some basis ( I dont know the exact reason). My priority date is oct 2001 and my I-140 is approved. seems that there are lots of difference between our cases but still both of ours got transferred from TSC to NSC.

Greenerpastures

Do you have a pending I140 at NSC too?

Nsc

For addiitinal info about why pending I-485 are buing send to Nebraska follow this link

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publi...pdf#search=" 485 labor nebraska filetype:pdf"

I-485 Applications used to be processed by the same service center that processed your I-140, but not anymore. This rule changed June 30. Their explanation was "Specialicing their agents on specific applications to make them more efficient", thus "improving service: :eek:

Good luck everyone

needurgenthelp said:
I have no idea. Just a guess. Because that male officer from NSC I got hold of did tell me for some reason NSC requested my 485 application from Texas center. How come they know I have filed 485 and have filed it at a different service center? The only possible way I can think of is they found my name from the pending 140 then traced to my 485 at a different center. I don't think it shows a definite 140 approval ( If they want to approve it, they should have already done so because the application has been lying on their desk for a while.) Probably they just want to reduce the redundant work. Probably your case falls into the same situation. Just my thought. Let's keep posting the updates to each other.

I do not see any REDUNDANCY in their work because we have not filed two I-485. If USCIS says that they are trying to speed up the process then that will be ridiculous. They are not doing anything better if a file is transferred and till date i do not even know whether NSC received my physical file or not. I have the only evidence i.e. transfer notice.

madgu-gc2005 said:
I do not see any REDUNDANCY in their work because we have not filed two I-485. If USCIS says that they are trying to speed up the process then that will be ridiculous. They are not doing anything better if a file is transferred and till date i do not even know whether NSC received my physical file or not. I have the only evidence i.e. transfer notice.

You are right. I don't know what games they are playing. I am thinking perhaps if our EB2 PD become current, they don't need to review our pending 140 cases any more. Otherwise why did they request my case from Texas? That seems to me lot of trouble doing. What do you think?

madgu-gc2005 said:

We should keep bugging them. I have the same worries: if they receive my physical file and etc, etc.

needurgenthelp said:
Dear folks,

several months.

I got the same mail..
On July 31, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

but nothing happened after that.

can u say whether ur name check has been completed or not?do u know how to check it?when did ur case got transfered?did u see any LUD after that?

plztoday said:
I got the same mail..
On July 31, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

but nothing happened after that.

can u say whether ur name check has been completed or not?do u know how to check it?when did ur case got transfered?did u see any LUD after that?

No update.

I did a NC request in June at Texas Center and found out NC was still pending. Sent letter to the congressman in Aug. The congressman mailed a letter back giving me a FBI website URL and asked me to read the information there.

needurgenthelp said:
No update.

I did a NC request in June at Texas Center and found out NC was still pending. Sent letter to the congressman in Aug. The congressman mailed a letter back giving me a FBI website URL and asked me to read the information there.

can u tell me how u did the NC request at Texas Center?

and can u share the FBI website URL....

Plztoday,
Could you share more info about ur case. Like which Service center did you apply initially and where are you physically located ? I am asking because your transfer message looks little different than what I saw in my case. Your message is more specific on "interview" . I am wondering whether you live close to Lincoln, NE ?

Greenerpastures

plztoday said:
can u tell me how u did the NC request at Texas Center?

and can u share the FBI website URL....

greenerpastures said:
Plztoday,
Could you share more info about ur case. Like which Service center did you apply initially and where are you physically located ? I am asking because your transfer message looks little different than what I saw in my case. Your message is more specific on "interview" . I am wondering whether you live close to Lincoln, NE ?

Greenerpastures

Hi Greenpastures,
i applied in TSC it got transferred on 07/31/06 to NSC. LUD on 08/07/06 but mgs didnt change. spouse got transferred on 08/01/06 and on 09/10/06 it changed to.. there was an LUD on 09/13/06 but mgs didnt change.

On September 8, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

I recv 2 mails from TSC stating that my case has been transferred and the primary part is over (but GOD knows what it mean...as i am still waiting.....)

I dont stay anywhere close to NE....
can u share ur details...when u filed ,where u filed , when it got tansfers, ur in EB-??etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
my I485 was also tranfered to NSC

Hi Guys,

My I485 was also transferred from TSC to NSC (to schedule and conduct an interview) due to a pending I140-EB1A in NSC. I wish that I had not filed the second I140. Now it seems that I have the following choices:

1. Do nothing and just wait.
2. Use premium processing.
3. Withdraw the I140-EB1a.

If I do nothing, most probably my I485 will not be touched until my I140-EB1a get approved/denied (6-7months?). If use PP, I may get RFE. So maybe it is a good choice to withdraw my second I140. Do you think that it is doable to withdraw the I140? If yes, how can I do it? What are the possible consequences? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Ur company can withdraw ur I140 anytime...u just have to ask them ....i think.

transferNSC said:
Hi Guys,

My I485 was also transferred from TSC to NSC (to schedule and conduct an interview) due to a pending I140-EB1A in NSC. I wish that I had not filed the second I140. Now it seems that I have the following choices:

1. Do nothing and just wait.
2. Use premium processing.
3. Withdraw the I140-EB1a.

If I do nothing, most probably my I485 will not be touched until my I140-EB1a get approved/denied (6-7months?). If use PP, I may get RFE. So maybe it is a good choice to withdraw my second I140. Do you think that it is doable to withdraw the I140? If yes, how can I do it? What are the possible consequences? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Do you guys have an update on the interview. I received the exact same message as you guys on March 1st.

I have both NIW and EB1EA approved almost a year ago from TSC.

Thanks