485 transfer to New York city (Interview), Post details

Excel Spreadsheet

Can we prepare an excel spreadsheet where we can enter everyone's detail like:
RD, ND, TD, EB class, transferred to which local office specifically NYC, Interview Date if scheduled.

It will definitely help up us to estimate time for our turn.

Kamal Matta

Have you received your interview letter from NYC BCIS?
Did you contact with BCIS and any update from them?

Did you come here as a student?

For Pulse

1. I have not received a letter for Interview. I found out about the status of my case from NYC, Federal Plaza office. They inform me that they have transfered my file to Graden city office in Long Island for an Interview. I called up and visited Garden City office to find out status of my case, but they did not give any information. They have not responded to 2 letters written till date asking for the status of my case.

2. No I came on H1-B. My priority date is 2-3-1998.

For Kamal Matta

I am extremely sorry for you and I am in the same boat.

I called Garden City office this morning. I very nice IIO told me to go there and fill an inquiry form to know about the status of my case. Other than that he did not say anything to me.

Do you know any lawyer who can expedite the interview?
I think someone talked about that before.

How do you extend your EAD and AP? From local office?
By visiting local office or through mail?

Thanks.

Employmment Authorization (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) should be applied at NYC, Federal Plaza.

You can apply EAD and AP at Vermont Service Center. They do not have your A-file, so they would transfer it to NYC and then NYC would give you an appointment date. This takes more time.

I do not know an attorney who can help expedite the Interview. I would appreciate if some one can find out and let me know.

KAMAL MATTA

Thank you very much.

Parij talked about that. He mentioned that he talked with a lawyer who can expedite interview date for cases. I tried to contact with him through private message and he never responded. If you can, please contact with PARIJ.

I met with someone yesterday who told me that he did not receive his interview letter. As a result, he did not go to his interview and then INS sent him a case closing letter which he received and contacted with them to reopen his case.

Your transfer is pretty old, so please make sure that no interview letter has been isssued for your case.

NYC local office is scheduling I485 interview before May 2001

I know it's a bad news for all NYC transfer cases. I went to 26 Federal Plaza to check the status of my transfered I485 case (My case was transfered last December). After two hours' waiting outside of the building, they just gave me a piece of paper, which mentions that NYC office is scheduling May 2001 cases, and even didn't allow me to see INS officers. I guess they are dealing the registration cases and postponed I485 cases. This is too bad. If you see the scheduling date changes, please post the information. I wish they can reach transfered I485 cases with a RD of OCt 2001 by August 2003.
Best wishes for everybody although I feel so disappointed.

That's not applicable for Employment based case

sky33,
I talked with my lawyer. He told me one of his clients case was transferred to NYC last year( 2002). It took them 6 months to schedule an inverview. I think in our case it will take 6 to 9 months. I found atleast two people in this forum whose interview was scheduled within one month of transfer.
Hope for the best.

Do you have any idea about any lawyer who can expedite the transferred case interview schedule.
It will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Update ...

Hi all, I went to NYC immigration office at 26 Fedral Plaza yesterday. Fortunately I was able to see the officer and she told me that they are upto July 01 cases. Based on the sky33 entry on March 26th, this is advancement of 2 months. I know we should not flatter ourselves thinking that INS moved 2 months in 2 weeks, but it feels good so .......

Cheers,

This is great! Thanks, khan123

This is good news. I do hope they are doing their best to deal with these backlogs besides the ongoing regestration issue. Let's keep updating the progress on NYC office. Thus we can help each other and visit 26 Federal Plaza less frequently. I highly appreciate khan123's update.

I visited NYC local office and Garden city office

I went to NYC local office on 04/04/2003 to know the update of my transferred case.

First I went to 3rd floor and then transferred to 8th floor.

The IIO in 8th floor was very nice. He gave me a paper which says they are now processing on May 2001 RD cases. He told me that transferred cases even go by RD. I asked him again to clarify and he confirmed that even transferred case goes by RD.

Then I went to 711 stewart avenue office in garden city. There was no line in that office. I was told to fill out a form for the status of my case. She said they will not reply to me for that inquiry. She also told me that garden city office works faster than NYC office.

Hmm .. Amazing.

The paper I got was from 3rd floor room 120. The printed version said May 01 cases but the immigration officer scratch that out and put July 01 with her own hands. Anyway, Pulse thanks for confirming RD issue.

Cheers.

Good Job Khan & Pulse.

If INS is processing July 2001 RD cases, then, Kamal Matta should have been received the Interview call letter, because his RD is 05/23/01. If he can confirm it, that will be great...

Even I heard from my lawyer, that the NY local INS is processing July 2001 cases.

Good luck to you all.

I have not received my Inteview letter as of 4-14-2003.

My case is with Garden City Office. Various enquiries to them have not been responded to or attended to. Federal Plaza told me that they can not give me dates or processing times for Garden city as the systems are not connected. I am not sure what holds good for federal plaza holds good for Garden city. You should also remember VSC says they are processing 11/15/2001 but there are many September, October and November cases pending which have earlier dates and no one knows their plight.

Wish you all better luck.

Thanks for the update Kamal.
My RD is 08/2001.
I live in Long Island.
I don't know if my case was transferred to Garden City too..???
Unfortunately, in recent times I have not heard any one either from New York local INS office or Garden City office getting a Interview call letter. It looks like they where having a temporary freeze on this type of case.

I geuss we have to wait with our fingures crossed :)

hi all,
me & my wife's case also got trnsferred to ny local office in feb 2003 with rd 10/2001.Also my ead applicaton got transferred to ny local office.The number (telephone) that they gave to get more information on 485 is out of order.Does anybody know the number that works?.I am sick of waiting.Do i need to make appointment to get ead ,when i go personally to the local office?.If anybody knows please repy.
best of luck.
krishnavaran

Krishnavaran

If your 485 was transfered before EAD processing then EAD would also get transfered to New York Office. VSC should encash the check and issue you the receipt notice for EAD. New York office would sent you a letter giving appointment to get your EAD. If 90 days have passed you can visit the local office and obtain EAD. This was painful as they were issuing limited number in a day and so one had to be in the queue very early. Last I was told that now you have to be in the queue a night before. Once you get into the building go to third floor and collect a form by showing your ead receipt notice. That form would tell you which room to go to.

I am not sure what is the procedure nowadays. This was the procedure in February.

I hope this helps.

thanks to khan 123& kamal matta.I was wondering who is the last person to get interview call?.,(in this forum,NY).What is the rd?.If anybody knows please reply.Kamal Matta is waiting for almost a year now.Does this mean we have to wait that long too?.I don't know why my case transferred either?.My ead expires in middle of May.Application transferred on April 10.I applied to vsc on march 3rd.What is the problem if i don' get ead before may?.It won't be 90 days by then?.