485 Transfer and AP application. Pls help!

roy75

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Our I485 were filed to Texas Service Center in Dec. 2002. We moved to Massussett last summer, so our files got transfered shortly to VSC in 09/2003. My question is, in VSC our 485 applications are being considered as 12/2002 cases or as 09/2003 cases??

Also, my wife and I are going to file I-131 to VSC to apply for AP. How should we answer Part 1, question 3 "Class of Admission". This is a new item that didn't exist in the old I-131 form.

Please share your insights, and thanks very much in advance!

roy

Class of admission is the visa under which you entered US last time - if you used H1 - "H1" if AP- "AOS".
HTH

Originally posted by roy75
Folks,
Our I485 were filed to Texas Service Center in Dec. 2002. We moved to Massussett last summer, so our files got transfered shortly to VSC in 09/2003. My question is, in VSC our 485 applications are being considered as 12/2002 cases or as 09/2003 cases??

Also, my wife and I are going to file I-131 to VSC to apply for AP. How should we answer Part 1, question 3 "Class of Admission". This is a new item that didn't exist in the old I-131 form.

Please share your insights, and thanks very much in advance!

roy

How did it get transferred? DId u request transfer? Did u call the center and provide change of address? [other than sending AR11]. Thnx.

Normally ur original ND should be considered.

Sb_tiger,
Thanks for your info. What does "AOS" stand for? I originally came to U.S. with F-1. But I went back home and re-entered U.S. this past January with my first AP. According to your idea, I should put "AOS" for "Class of admission", right?

OmGV,
We requested i485 transfer ourselves, considering that the VSC might be a bit faster in processing than TSC. This may not the case any more, though.

Adjustment Of Status

AOS means "Adjustement of Status". If you filed I-485 and have entered using Advanced Parole, your entry would be as an adjustee (AOS).

Thanks SV20,

What about my wife? She entered U.S. with F-1, never left since and now has 485 pending. Should I put "F-1" for her "class of admission"? Just want to make sure. Thanks again!

Thnx for the info.

Originally posted by roy75
Thanks SV20,

What about my wife? She entered U.S. with F-1, never left since and now has 485 pending. Should I put "F-1" for her "class of admission"? Just want to make sure. Thanks again!

Yes, in that case for your wife, it would be F1.

Thanks, OmGV!
One more quick question. When filing I131 for AP, can we use the personal check to pay for the application fee? I recall someone mentioned that BCIS only accepts money order or certified bank check, is this true? Thanks again!

Class of Admission

Curtesy of "www.murthy.com"

Class of Admission Defined by USCIS
Posted Mar 19, 2004

We have recently had a number of clients, as well as MurthyDotCom and
MurthyBulletin readers, ask us what the USCIS means by the term
"Class of Admission" on the new Form I-131, Application for Travel
Document. The USCIS has confirmed that they are seeking the applicant's
current immigration status. They are not looking for the status at first or
most recent entry to the U.S., if different from the current status. For
example, if a person entered the U.S. through a Port of Entry and was
granted F-1 status, but later changed his or her status to H1B from within
the U.S., the correct answer on the form for Class of Admission is H1B.

It is unclear why the USCIS decided to change the phrasing of this
question. We appreciate that they have clarified the definition so that we
are better able to assist our readers and clients in providing accurate
information to the USCIS.