485 Rfe

Hindh

I got RFE asking for additional information about employment letter and paystubs. After applying my 485, I got laid off and rehired by the same company with one month gap. Now my HR is saying that they would give employment letter using date which I rehired. I am afraid that this may cause more problem in future. I will appreciate if anybody share their experience with similar scenario or any gurus please suggest how to proceed.

Hindh-
My situation was my Labor and I-140 was approved by company A around 1998, then I worked with company B, C and D. Eventually in joined company A in 2001 and file I-485. I got a RFE for (among other things) employement letter and company A showed my hire date as 1997 not 2001. My application was approved. I think they are looking for employment prospect in the future.

I don't think that should be a problem, since there was only a month in-between. Of course I would advise you to consult your lawyer!

As long as you were let go after 180 days of filing 485, there shouldn't be a problem at all!

GCis for future employment. So as long as your Employer says that you will be continued to be their employee in future, then it's OK. Once I485 is filed, there is no need for continuous employment. You can have gaps.

I guess you should only get employment letter from your company stating that you are currently employed by the company and the company has intention to employ you after your GC is approved.

Why do you need your employment date in the letter ??

just my thought.