485 RFE- tax return

shijiade

Registered Users (C)
I got a 485 RFE today requesting last two years federal tax returns including W-2, 1099 forms and schedules.

Anyone know if I need to submit ORIGINAL copies of w-2, 1099 forms?

The second question is the federal tax returns. I have E-filed tax return for the last year, should I just submit the printout of the saved copy?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Call the IRS and get your last two years Tax transcripts (it's free and takes 10 days to arrive). Send that and a copy of what you e-filed.

Ps two years? Are you sure?

did you submit ur W2's when u filed ur I-485?

When I filed my 485, I didn't have any W2. So I submitted a banking statement with average balance. Will I be asked for W2's at later point?

ho what is your pd ? when did you file for I 485?
could you shed some light.
regards

shijiade said:
I got a 485 RFE today requesting last two years federal tax returns including W-2, 1099 forms and schedules.

The second question is the federal tax returns. I have E-filed tax return for the last year, should I just submit the printout of the saved copy?

shijiade said:

Hm, I don't think I saw anyone answering directly to the question! :p
Anyway, no, you don't need the originals. They always stay with you. Just send copies.
Yes, you can simply printout the E-filed tax return and send it over.
This is gratis advice: for your own purposes and records, make sure that you keep your efiled tax returns hard copy with you. In this country, tax returns are very important documents that are used for lots of different purposes so make sure that you have them handy with your other records.

baluks2000 said:
When I filed my 485, I didn't have any W2. So I submitted a banking statement with average balance. Will I be asked for W2's at later point?
If W2s are REQUIRED as part of the I-485 application then, yes, they will send an RFE for your W2s. I don't remember off the top of my head whether or not it's required.
I don't see the connection between a W2 and a banking statement. How did you substitute one for the other? Is it allowed?
A W2 shows your income over a year and a banking statement, well, it shows your personal banking details.