485 RFE Question. Request suggestion

ravi2168

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I changed job after 180 days into 485 from Company A to company B.

Company A agreed and left in good faith.

Recently I have changed from Company B to Company C, without any break in employment...

I have changed residence and have notified INS about the address change. Did not notify about the Company change.

Recvd an RFE for 485

RFE Reads something like this
1) Letter from employer who filed your 140
2) Pay stubs
3) Income Tax past 2 years

Looking for your advice as the best alternative and best to reply the RFE. I do not have an attorney... Should I go through an Attorney?

Help please

"Recvd an RFE for 485

RFE Reads something like this
1) Letter from employer who filed your 140
2) Pay stubs
3) Income Tax past 2 years "

I am in the same boat - did not get any RFEs yet (RD 12/6/01). Answers to #2 and #3 are obvious. The strange thing about #1 is that the GC is for a future job and you are not rquired to stay with the sponsor are 180 days of I485 filing. I think this is to force folks to file AC21 papers proving same/similar employment, future prospects, salary w.r.t labor etc. I don't think there is a lot to worry about as long as the current job has a similar description as in the labor filing. However you will have to file AC21 papers where it is best to consult a lawyer (and a good one).

Just my 2 cents

First of all, the RFe you got is the standard RFE, mind you AC21 (which allows you to change jobs is a new thing, we don't even have INS regulations regarding it). Anyway, don't be concerned about "Letter from employer who filed your I-140"

Hire a good lawyer, who would present your case, explaining that you changed job under the AC-21 rule, and all you have to prove is that the job was in "same or similar classification". Your lawyer will help you with that. But it would not be a big deal.

You have 3 months to reply to an RFE, so if you want to or choose to , you can wait a while to get enough paystubs from your current employer, if you or your lawyer think that's needed.

Income tax return shouldnot be a problem.

Keep your heads up guys, it's gonna be ok. I have seen a couple of posts from people who have changed jobs morethan once, I don't think that should be a problem.

Cheers!

I was told by INS that they need more information from me, I filled for the 485 and the i824 for my wife and the AP renewal. She told me that they need the same information for all applications, so I guess they are procerssing all my applications in the same time. The question that I have, is this. if the Information that they need is the Tax and Employer info. then how long does it take until i hear from them and get my PP stampped. Did you have any idea. Thanks!!!

Interesting Situation

Avi --
Thank you very much for the encouragement...
Interestingly another situation has come up.

Along with the RFE, I have had my EAD renewal up.

I went to my local INS office, where I got my wife's EAD renewal in 2 days last month...

Now because of Home land Security changes. I walked in today for my EAD renewal and they informed me that we have mail in the application to the regional Service center. It might take 60 to 90 days to get the renewal....

I am confused... and in a fix. I have job but will not have an EAD.

Will I be considered Out of status for adjustment of status

EAD renewal is not taking much time

In VSC, i got my EAD renewed within 10 days. You can also do it yourself right away. Just fill out I765. attach the photcopies of previous EAD and I94(both sides) and send it by Priority Mail.
I bet it would be really quick.

urgentgc...
Thank you very much for the reply.

I have sent it in Express mail today and was told it would reach there by tomorrow.

But I do not have 10 days.... :) ( My mistake )

I thought I would be able to walk in and get the EAD renewal.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ravi

I would not call them.

Hi ravi2168,

I never called them except when i had to change my address long time back. As it is they might be getting so many calls, and i feel that it would offend them if you try to push them for something.

Thanks
urgentgc

urgentgc --
I am hoping they response to my request in timely manner....

Thank you very much for the input

ravi

Employment Letter (AC 21) - RFE

Hi,

Is there anyway you can mail me or post the Employment letter you had mailed out to INS in response to the RFE you received after you changed the company after 180days of 485 (AC 21). please send it to graopv@yahoo.com

I have also received an RFE after I changed company after 180 days of applying 485 and I did not inform INS earlier.

Would very sincerely appreciate your help
Thanks a lot
GPV