485 RFE, please advice

bbx2

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

The received date for my 485 is October 2002.
My atterney just received a request from INS for confirmation
of employment, salary, and duties.

Can any one tell me what this means? My first finger print expired
Jan. 2004 and I have not received notice for another one.

The processing date now is Feb 15, 2002 and my date is Oct. 2002. Is this early to ask RFE? Does this RFE indicate any
possibility of refusal of the application. I have been working for the same company for 6 years.

Thanks guys
X2

bbx2

Though the official processing date is Feb-15-2002, we have seen approvals of cases upto Oct/Nov of 2002. There is nothing wrong if you have recived a RFE, just send them whatever they have asked for ASAP and you might see your case getting approved in 2-3 months. GOOD LUCK

Thanks

Thanks and I wish I'll have good luck.

On the average, is it take 2-3 months to approve/deny a case
after requesting the RFE? Any one has this kind of statistics?

Thx

May be after replying to RFE you will receive 2 FP..
Nothing to worry, send out the RFE reply as soon as possible.
Good Luck.
By the way is yours online message changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check online later

I do not have my case number handy now. I'll check online status
this PM.

Here is the online info

On April 15, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

My case is oct 2002 case too, got RFE

Just about regular employment information and tax return. Wish us good luck after reply the rfe

BBX2 & windseeker

Could you please put your exact RD/ ND the reason I am also Oct filer and want to see if I should expect something like you to get lucky. Thanks.
Also your EB category please.

--windseeker & bbx2--

Hi windseeker & bbx2,

Could you please share if the RFE message changed on your spouse's cases also or just on yours? I am asking b/c an RFE was issued on both of our cases on 04/19/04...so I have yet to get the actual details....just curious if they change the status on both primary and dependent even though they ask for primary's employment information and tax return.

Thanks in advance and Good Luck with speedy approval!!!!

RFE doesn't mean that it would be denied.

Unless u provide some fradulent documents as RFE reply and they find out. Getting RFE is routine. So don't worry. Good Luck.

For a Oct 2002 case, how can FP expire in Jan. Normally FP is valid for 15 months. I presume u did FP1 in Jan 2003. SO, it should expire only in Apr 2004. SInce u received RFE now, they may not need Fp2 but that depends.

Further info

OmGV,

You are right. I di not know the finger print was 15 months valid.
My first one was indeed done on Jan. 2003.

PT_Jun01,

Only my online status changed.

inshope,

My RD# starts with 030355xxxx. I do not know what's ED
category because the attorney did everything.

Thanks everyone for the "good luck's".

thanks windseeker & bbx2!!

Thanks for your replies guys. It's good to know what CIS might ask for....Let's see what do I get the RFE for...will share on receipt.

Thanks again!