485 RFE - Does it mean Visa number allocated to my case?

rcmuskula

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got an RFE on my 485 application.
Does it mean that a visa number is allocated to my case or USCIS waits until all the review is done by Immigration office before checking a visa number is available to approve my case?

I am this because I am worried that 2008 quota of visa number may be over by the time I reply to my RFE.

Can I someone clarify this?

Thanks,
Mrc

Pls. post your case detail, like PD, Country, Category (EB1/2/3) etc.,
Here is my 2 cents: There were times (June/07), USCIS pre-allocated visa numbers and people got approval after the PD was retrogressed, I'm not sure how long they can keep (probably 90 days after allocation). BTW, it is a good sign that someone is working on your case.

RFE doesn't mean a visa number is allocated. In general, they don't allocate a number until all the process completed. Very rare situations like in June 2007, they allocated to a big group of applications because of the time crunch.

Even if you are current they may issue an rfe.

Most people don't realize that in June 2007 the visa numbers were allocated en-masse primarily to pre-adjudicated cases (cases already approved but for the lack of visa numbers) over the 2 year period since the recent retrogression started in 2005.

It was only a case of quick admin processing for pre-adjuducated cases required to allocate a visa in the USCIS CLAIMS 3 mainframe. How else do you think they approved thousands in one month !

RFE doesn't mean a visa number is allocated. In general, they don't allocate a number until all the process completed. Very rare situations like in June 2007, they allocated to a big group of applications because of the time crunch.

Even if you are current they may issue an rfe.

Application pre adjucated..

I called Immigration . I was told that my 485 application is pre-adjucated.
What does this mean ? my PD is current.. does this mean i may approval anytime ? I dont know if Name-Check is done..

Any inputs is appritiated ..

Following is my case info:
Priority Date: 06 Jul 2004
Service Center: Nebraska Category: EB2
Received Date: 07/27/2007
Notice Date: 14 Sep 2007
Filing Type: concurrent
I-140 Approval Date: 04/21/2008