485 RFE dilemma

gcgcgc04

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Folks:
One of my friends received a RFE follows.

submit copies of 1040 for the 2003 and 2004 tax years, along with all of the schedules and attachements for each year. Also, provide all of your Forms W-2 for each of the above years. If you were unemployed,or only employed on a part time basis during any of the period requested above, provide a statement indicating such, along with an explanation as to how were able to afford your living expenses. Also, submit your three most recent pay stubs.

The problem is that in 2004, when
he change his job
from employer A to his current GC petitioner,He has a gap between H1 transfer. He resigned
at Friday. The attorney didn't file H1 transfer til
next Tuesday. Thus, His new company
changed my starting date to that Wesday and He had
2 days unemployed. My question
is that should he list these two days as unemployment in the reply to
RFE ? Does INS ask this question as routine question in RFE?

Same boat

Hi,

I am also in same boat. But till now I have not received any RFE. My previous company filed my H1b transfer on 31 Jan 03, but I joined and paystub running from 21 Jan 03.

In 2001, I finish one job on 7 May and joined in other company on 15 May. I do not know what will happen. Let us see.

BTW, your friend can mention like 2 days vaccation or two days sick or two travel to join new job, like that. But do not mention unemployment.

Thanks,

gcgcgc04 said:
Hi, Folks:
One of my friends received a RFE follows.

submit copies of 1040 for the 2003 and 2004 tax years, along with all of the schedules and attachements for each year. Also, provide all of your Forms W-2 for each of the above years. If you were unemployed,or only employed on a part time basis during any of the period requested above, provide a statement indicating such, along with an explanation as to how were able to afford your living expenses. Also, submit your three most recent pay stubs.

The problem is that in 2004, when
he change his job
from employer A to his current GC petitioner,He has a gap between H1 transfer. He resigned
at Friday. The attorney didn't file H1 transfer til
next Tuesday. Thus, His new company
changed my starting date to that Wesday and He had
2 days unemployed. My question
is that should he list these two days as unemployment in the reply to
RFE ? Does INS ask this question as routine question in RFE?

Is this a problem?

I worked for a company from Jan' 2000 to Nov' 2001. Almost 3.5 months I was not in a job(12/2001, 01/2002, 02/2002, 03/24/2002). But my old employer didn't cancel my H1. I was on legal status but not worked.

Will this cause any problem for my 485 processing? Thanks guys.

PD: Sept 06 2002
140&485 - Oct 29 2003
140 approved on: May 02 2005.

Exp Letters

Submitted work exp letters showing these gaps at the time of filing ?