485 rejection notice, but still within 180 days of I-94 expiry, can file again?

What's an IO?
By "chain of events" you mean events in 485 process later? Or do you mean "chain of events" when deciding 539?
I am right now thinking of step 1 - 485 acceptance. Last 485 I filed in Nov got rejected due to leaving Part 2, item 10 blank (I regret this stupid mistake). Meanwhile, my last I-94 is more than 180 days old, but my 539 is pending. As per 245(k), pending 539 is not counted in 180 days, so I assume I should be ok for 485. Now my concern is 539 has to be approved to get 485 accepted. About which you have raised a flag that I perhaps misrepresented on 539, to which I replied to you. Hence requesting

Interviewing Officer

by chain of events I mean whether they will consider you to have had immigrant intent when filing i539

it seems to me you can’t do anything till you know the I539 outcome anyway, you clearly are not going to leave when you think you may still have a chance at adjusting. There is only so much time I can spend on speculating. Sorry.

Last edited:
Hi @SusieQQQ - seeking your help again.

I resubmitted 485 & 765 in early March (original submission in Nov 2020 was rejected due to "additional alien info required")
Got a letter from USCIS that original submission date will apply to all those who got 485 rejected due to missing Q9, 10 (addl alien info section).
Last week, $1225 debited on my card, and got an email - "fingerprint fee received" with a receipt number. Now waiting for paper receipt.

Today I received 765 rejection notice (incorrect fee) and surprisingly, all 485 supporting documents/photos (not the form)
For 765 rejection, I will have to file again with letter that it may be a mistake by USCIS as there is no fee if filed concurrently.
BUT why did they return 485 documents/photos, while keeping the 485 form and cashing $1225 ? Is it a mistake? Do I now expect RFE? Do I resubmit these along with a letter that these were mistakenly returned?