485 rejected - what options left?

rajhmal

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Posting this for a friend, who filed 485 last year July.

He changed employer after 180 days using EAD about a month back. Unfortunately before he filed AC21, his previous employer revoked his I140, and the service center rejected his pending I485.

His current employer is willing to support him, but What are his options now? He is contact with Rajiv Khanna. Trying to find from this forum whether anyone has faced this earlier and what is the outcome if any? Can he file MTR/Appeal? Becasue he doesn;t have support of H1 any more what is the best thing for him now?

I really appreciate your responses. and thanks in advance.

I went through this process couple of years back. Filed an MTR and my case was reopened within 30 days. The difference between your case and mine is , I filed AC21 as soon as I switched the employer. My lawyer sent a document saying that I filed AC21 and I am eligible to switch the employers as per AC21 etc...

Please tell your fried to contact Attorney to file MTR asap.

Hi Guys,

Posting this for a friend, who filed 485 last year July.

He changed employer after 180 days using EAD about a month back. Unfortunately before he filed AC21, his previous employer revoked his I140, and the service center rejected his pending I485.

His current employer is willing to support him, but What are his options now? He is contact with Rajiv Khanna. Trying to find from this forum whether anyone has faced this earlier and what is the outcome if any? Can he file MTR/Appeal? Becasue he doesn;t have support of H1 any more what is the best thing for him now?

I really appreciate your responses. and thanks in advance.

Thanks guys!!

My friend is in touch with attorneys'. Sheila Murthy doesn;t have appt until 29th May.

Physical denial letter reached previous employer today by mail. The reason as expected is because of revoking I-140. My friend is trying to file MTR ASAP.

Question:
If my friend used EAD to switch employer, and I am sure he can not work using EAD anymore (unfortunately he doesn;t have H1 backup). If MTR is accepted, can he start working using the existing EAD? When can he apply for EAD renewal?