485 receipts

lchalasani

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about 485 and 140 receipts..

My husband's employer filed for 140 and 485 ( +EAD and AP) with a labor subsititution(which was approved last year) , we got the receipts for 485, EAD and AP, but not a receipt for 140. Is this normally the case? Also the priority date field on the 485 receipt is blank.. should there be some date there?

thanks in advance..

priority date in recipts

priority date can be blank - Ive no idea when it is vital etc - but seems like only very old applications have those - i.e. those applications that had to wait for visa dates to be current (I may be wrong here)...but my receipts have no priority dates on them (applied in april 02) - ditto for those colleagues of mine who applied in more recent times...

the vital ones are the Receipt date & Notice date only...all processing seems to be happening based on notice date only...

I believe priority date is the date on which the application for labor certificate was submitted.
Dates are current right now. INS or anybody does not gaurantee that to be the case for ever.
lchalasani please talk to your attorney about all these questions.

Can you post details?

lchalasani -

I am waiting for what seems like forever for my 485 receipts. Can you please post details with regards to MD, RD, ND and when you received the receipts?

Thanks,
:cool: