485 RD Jan 10 2005!

atmaramji

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer and company had been telling me all the time that they sent in my 410/485 documents in December 04..before retrogression sets in.

Today my checks got cleared and, to my horror/shock, the RD is Jan 10 05!!!

Two things...

1. I thought INS wont be accepting 485 applications after 12/31/04 for PD after Jan 2002. My PD is 10/03- VSC

2. Now that my 485 application has been accepted this year, how is it going to effect the entire case?

Thanks in advance

atmaramji said:
My lawyer and company had been telling me all the time that they sent in my 410/485 documents in December 04..before retrogression sets in.

Today my checks got cleared and, to my horror/shock, the RD is Jan 10 05!!!

Two things...

1. I thought INS wont be accepting 485 applications after 12/31/04 for PD after Jan 2002. My PD is 10/03- VSC

2. Now that my 485 application has been accepted this year, how is it going to effect the entire case?

Thanks in advance
Bottomline for PD retorgession was USCIS had to receive the applications by Dec 30, 2004. It dosent matter what RD is, as ur checks are cleared u r good 2 go..

So is it possible for INS to receive 485 application at VSC on Dec 04, but have an RD of that appliation of Jan 05?

I thought RD is the date the application is received at the service center.

atmaramji said:
So is it possible for INS to receive 485 application at VSC on Dec 04, but have an RD of that appliation of Jan 05?

I thought RD is the date the application is received at the service center.

If you search a little on these forums, you will find the definition of Notice Date vs Received Date.

Philly,

Congrats on your 485 approval.

I get the idea, after searching through this forum and reading the entries since the last few months, that receipt date is the date the INS center received the application.

With all your experience in this area, could you pls tell me if theres a difference between receipt date and the date the application is received at the INS center.

FYI: I am NOT talking of Notice Date.

Would much appreciate.

atmaramji said:
Philly,

I get the idea, after searching through this forum and reading the entries since the last few months, that receipt date is the date the INS center received the application.

With all your experience in this area, could you pls tell me if theres a difference between receipt date and the date the application is received at the INS center.

Would much appreciate.
what matters in ur case is USCIS received ur application on or before Dec 30, 2004 that why they cashed ur check!

Thanks for your wishes.

If you look at your notice, you will see that there is no such thing as a 'receipt' date. There is a 'received' date, which is the date that the CIS actually received your application, and then off course there is the 'notice' date, which is when the initial processing on your case is complete and they 'accept' your application (this is explained in detail in the 485 Standard Operating Procedure, or SOP, which once again you should be able to find floating around somewhere in these forums).

To confuse this issue further, the 'Receipt' number (the EAC #, since you've filed at VSC) is the julian translation of your 'notice' date, not your 'received' date.

K
atmaramji said:
Philly,

Would much appreciate.