485 problem

panzer93

Registered Users (C)
First of all, this is my first post and I am glad to have found a community with similar concerns and problems as myself-- if only for emotional support.
My I-485 has been pending at TSC since 11/16/2000. Just wondering, has anyone else had their cases pending THAT LONG? I am beginning to suspect that the CIS has shitlisted my case indefinitely and I will never get it approved.
I hate to be consumed by this defeatist attitude, but I don't know what to do anymore. I just got off the phone with my senator and the essense of his reply was "sucks to be you, keep waiting."
Anyone have any sort of encouragement? This is very depressing... :(

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear that. We thought TSC had only cases pending from 2001.
First of all, what actions did you take so far?
Did you get any official response from TSC for delay?
Are you from a SR country?
Are you getting your EADs/APs approved ?

just got my fourth EAD approved Feb. 22nd. I have written countless letters to TSC, I have had numerous status inquiries and referrals done on my case, I have tried turning to my senator for help, all to no avail. Usually my queries are either ignored or given the generic response that "case is still pending". No official response concerning delay.
Currently I have a referral check going on (I believe my third). It's coming up on the 60 day mark, so maybe I'll get some news from that.. Not getting my hopes up, though.
Anyone have any other suggestions on what I should try next?

I am not sure what you mean by "SR country". What is that?

man, sorry to learn your case, since 2000?????
"SR" means special registration country.

Have you done any finger printing at all?
Hope your case can be approved soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, fingerprinted twice, last time was 11/04.

so it would seem I am the current record holder of the longest pending case ever at the TSC. well, at least they renew my EAD every year and nobody tried kicking me out of the country yet...

Let me ask you folks this, though. those clowns at the customer service line (the 800 number): do they just play dumb or can they actually be useful? i mean, they say they can't transfer you to the TSC, but I bet they're full of it. There has got to be a way to go up the chain of command to reach someone who has access to your case and can tell you what is going on with it. Anyone had any luck with that?

Most of the time it is the Name check process from FBI that might be still pending. I hope your name might have already been cleared by FBI.

Is there a way to check whether I've been cleared by the FBI? I would hope I've been cleared by now, the FPs were submitted 4 months ago.

Send an email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov requesting the status of your name check
Put the following in your email:
---- A#
---- Case Number
---- Full Name
---- Date of Birth
---- your email

It will take about 2-3 months to get a reply from them.

I am Russian. What is a special registration country and what does it change in terms of having your case processed.

so yea, the name check has not been completed yet. I was told by the fbi that they are just now getting to the requests they received in november. that's bs...

Explaining SR and a request

Panzer93: Since you're Russian (and I presume hold a Russian passport) you are not from a SR country.

Can you pls tell me what number you called to get the FBI name check info in less than a minute.

Thanks,

I think thats the info for the e-mails, not for your particular case, because sometimes name check is cleared the same day, and some other times it takes months even years.

panzer93: I called the number you gave for name check but it was automatically transfer to the voice mail of the person who only introduced herself by name. I did not want to leave a massage with my info. Does anybody else have the same experience?

I think fcapristan is correct. They stopped giving name check status over the phone about 8 months ago. The date they gave you is how long it take them to tell you what the status is of your name check, not how long it takes to get the name check actually done. If you call the number you will just get a status of your name check status request that you made by email, not the actual name check status.

Bottom line....you need to send an email to actually find out the status of your name check.

485 / Rfe.

Hi Friends.

I got an RFE for my 485 (RD 7/9/03). Recently we had our 2nd FP and USCIS site shows they have received the Updates thereon. I am having difficulty in framing the Reply to EVL. My attorney had send a format and my company though matches the format but added the following para :-

"<Company> (like most employers) is an at-will employer, and therefore does not guarantee to continue any employee's employment(including Mr. XYZ's employment) for any definite period of time. At this point, <COMPANY> anticipates that Mr. XYZ will continue to be employed as a <Title Name> on a full time basis upon his adjustment of status is approved. Mr. XYZ's current annual salary is $00,000.
"
Since my employer had this standard format added to each and every INS replies, they are adament not to change any thing nor to delete the para. Since it is one month, since I got the RFE, I have no option but to tell attorney to submit the same letter.

Friends, do you see any problems in 485 approval, in this.....

Please advise.