485 pending with current from last two months..

485tracker

Registered Users (C)
We did fingerprinting on Feb 14th and after there is no change on LUD. Called FBI and my fingerprinting is cleared on that same day send back to INS :) . Called INS on April 14th and opened a formal inquery no response yet :mad: . Anyone has similar situation please post details :eek: .

EB2-RIR-India
PD - 06/2001
Concurrent file 140/485 RD 07/2004
140 AD - 02/2005
485 AD - ??????? LUD - 07/19/05

Done 2 EADs & APs and 3rd due in August.
FP1 - 03/2005 (Code1)
FP2 - 02/14/06 (Code3) :confused:

Same here...

I am current since Apr 1. I placed an inquiry on Mar 26th for my case. They told me to expect a response in mail in 4 weeks. I am waiting for Apr 26, so that I can call and question them again.

yoginm73 said:
I am current since Apr 1. I placed an inquiry on Mar 26th for my case. They told me to expect a response in mail in 4 weeks. I am waiting for Apr 26, so that I can call and question them again.

How to place enquiry on a case and what should be a criteria.Here are my details.My priority date is current from Feb.

EB3 09,1999 India
I-485 RD : 06Feb 2006 , LUD 25Feb2006
FP : 08April2006 No LUD change after that.

call the 1-800 customer service number on your I485 notice. Get to the representative (select option that your case is outside their times).
Question the rep on why is it not approved. The default response to this question is that they will place an inquiry on your case and send you a written response on it within 4 weeks to your mailing address. Note the inquiry number.

yoginm73, did you hear anything on your case. Looks like u r finising 30 days.

EB2-RIR-India
PD - 06/2001
140 AD - 02/2005
FP1 - 03/2005 (Code1)
FP2 - 02/14/06 (Code3) at San Antonio

Well... What a coincidence. I was just about to put up a question in the forum about the inquiry. I spoke to a USCIS rep few minutes ago. The rep was not good at all, and was in mood for considering my case. My 30 days actually completes tomorrow. She said that the only thing they can do is put up another inquiry. But currently they cannot even set up another inquiry since I still have a day left. So I asked her what will happen if I do not receive a response by tomorrow and I call up on Thursday. She said that they would still not able to give an answer on whats going on with the case. They would set another inquiry. So I asked what then if after another 30 days I do not get approval/rfe/denial or any response of the second inquiry. She said then I would be another inquiry. My next obvious question is When will this inquiry end? You guys would keep it renewing every month? No, she responded. Obviously there is a max limit of inquiries after which they can escalate and transfer to someone who has better access to the case file.

I am losing patience. I dont know what to do now. It feels like retrogression again. They dont plan to give GC easily. Somebody needs to guide me what should I do next? Should I get in touch with a senators office? How do I know which senator to call and the office number? Can I check with FBI to find my name check status? This is so disappointing.

yoginm73 said:
Well... What a coincidence. I was just about to put up a question in the forum about the inquiry. I spoke to a USCIS rep few minutes ago. The rep was not good at all, and was in mood for considering my case. My 30 days actually completes tomorrow. She said that the only thing they can do is put up another inquiry. But currently they cannot even set up another inquiry since I still have a day left. So I asked her what will happen if I do not receive a response by tomorrow and I call up on Thursday. She said that they would still not able to give an answer on whats going on with the case. They would set another inquiry. So I asked what then if after another 30 days I do not get approval/rfe/denial or any response of the second inquiry. She said then I would be another inquiry. My next obvious question is When will this inquiry end? You guys would keep it renewing every month? No, she responded. Obviously there is a max limit of inquiries after which they can escalate and transfer to someone who has better access to the case file.

I am losing patience. I dont know what to do now. It feels like retrogression again. They dont plan to give GC easily. Somebody needs to guide me what should I do next? Should I get in touch with a senators office? How do I know which senator to call and the office number? Can I check with FBI to find my name check status? This is so disappointing.
Sorry to hear that. I think it is worth initiating an enquiry regarding FBI name check through your senator or congressman. Do a google search for your representatives. Generally all the representatives will have a secretary who deals with immigration matters. You also need to submit an affidavit along with your request letter (which can be downloaded from their website).
Good luck,

yoginm73 said:
Thanks tosci.
which is better? senator or congressmen?
Well for status enquiry with FBI it doesn't make much difference. I would go with one whose office is easily accessible and little bit more pro-immigrant.
Good luck,
Toxsci.

yoginm73 said:

Oh no, Looks like I am on the same boat.
yoginm73, before you go to senetor or congressmen. Did check on fingerprint status means cleared or not. They should tell you the status on fingerprinting.

I dont think fingerprinting should be an issue. That normally gets done within a day or so. Anyways, the representative was clearly arguing that she can not see beyond what we see online. The only thing they can do is set an inquiry. I think the customer representatives have been given strict instructions to not transfer to any of the service center officers for details on the case. Incase things are outside the days they need to create an inquiry and thats it. This is the 3rd time I have called and all they talk about is inquiry all the 3 times. I called the congressman office. They asked me to send an authorization form to initiate an inquiry by them and other details. I am planning to do that on thursday.

I am in the same boat too..I contacted the congressman first who took 45 days to get back and told the same thing. Your name check is pending with FBI and we don't intefere with FBI.

Then I contacted Senator who took 4 weeks to respond and the response is "we are initiating status enquiry with FBI and it will take 4-6 weeks to hear from them".

So now even after 3 months of running behind congressman/senator there is not really any useful information.

Can you tell how to contact FBI.

485tracker said:
We did fingerprinting on Feb 14th and after there is no change on LUD. Called FBI and my fingerprinting is cleared on that same day send back to INS :) . Called INS on April 14th and opened a formal inquery no response yet :mad: . Anyone has similar situation please post details :eek: .

EB2-RIR-India
PD - 06/2001
140 AD - 02/2005

Done 2 EADs & APs and 3rd due in August.
FP1 - 03/2005 (Code1)
FP2 - 02/14/06 (Code3) :confused: