485 Pending - Required security checks

quesgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I got this email after changing the address recently. What does this mean?

The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

I got my FP done in April 2005 and from that time my LUD was changed quite a number of times and the last LUD was in July 2005.

Thanks

quesgc said:
Hi All
I got this email after changing the address recently. What does this mean?

The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

I got my FP done in April 2005 and from that time my LUD was changed quite a number of times and the last LUD was in July 2005.

Thanks

Did anyone recieved this kind of reply, please respond.
Can someone advice me if I need to do anything for getting security clearance done...

-Thanks

Looks like

Looks like you are stuck in the infamous FBI namecheck. Search this forum for "FBI namecheck".

You might want to consider several options:

1) Ask your senators for help
2) Ask your congressman for help
3) Search for the address of namecheck program chief (Michael Cannon) at FBI. Write him a letter and explain WHY they should expedite your namecheck.
4) Ask your employer for help. FBI is much more willing to talk to local people.

You are facing a difficult problem. There are namechecks that can be expedited and, at the same time, there are those that will never be completed.

hope i can get some message soon

Hello Friend,

Recently I changed my address, offcourse My attorney submittede A-11 form, I didnt received any message till today but my luds was changed on 11/30/05. But message not changed same as old one. I called customer service center, she told me my 485 was pending but she dont know where it was pending. Still I am waiting, I can get any response from TSC.