rs20021

Registered Users (C)
hello,
RD: December 15th, 2001
ND: December 21st, 2001
FP: April, 2002

EB2

I485 pending

I plan to get married in the next 3-4 months. My fiancee is on F1-status in the US. He will probably get an H1B.. But I would like to get him on the 485 alternatively as soon as possible.. What are the processing times for I130 (petition) I485 / 765/ AP (does this have to be filed after I130 or can it be done at the same time)

Thank you

YOu can add your spouse's name on your employer based I485 the whole I130 process is needed it u file for him after your GC is approved or if u are a USC

485 pending sponsor spouse

Sachin,

I want to make sure that it is possible to the 485 for the spouse not jointly, but while the 485 of the sponsor was pending... The reason I am asking is that I have to be sure it is possible, I have been getting conflicting opinions from lawyers (some said it was not possible at all) ... Also my case currently is that I filed the 485 with 1 company, got laid off from that firm and joined another firm (similar position, title etc)... I have finished more than 180 days since the 485 was filed... So I am taking advantage of the portability rule..

I would ideally like to ammend the 485 and put my spouse on it... Can you also send me list of forms / petition letters / necessary documents required... I plan to mimic my own 485 package, but may need to add sponsorhip letters etc... How do I add my sposue's name onto the existing 485.. shud I file an ammendment / modification... there is not much info available about this

Please advise
thank you
rs