485 pending (0ver 180 days) - can I change jobs?

sunny_1023

Registered Users (C)
My 140 is approved and 485 pending since Jan 05 under EB3 and PD of Sept 03.

I know that I can change employment in same or similar field. How do you describe similar field?

My title is programmer analyst on paperwork, so what do I need from the new employer in order to continue my paperwork smoothly in case of an RFE??

Before I join the new company, will it be better if I can get a letter signed by the HR with the same title and responsibility. Will that help?

Do I have to inform INS?

What is better if I need to change address - get a new job and then change address or change address with the sponsor employer and then switch jobs or does it matter at all?

Please help!!

sunny_1023 said:
My 140 is approved and 485 pending since Jan 05 under EB3 and PD of Sept 03.

I know that I can change employment in same or similar field. How do you describe similar field?
---------------------new employer parmanent job offer letter should have same/similar job duties (you LC had the job duties
My title is programmer analyst on paperwork, so what do I need from the new employer in order to continue my paperwork smoothly in case of an RFE??
---------------it is better to keep the same title but USCIS care more about job duties wriiten on permanent job offer letter
Before I join the new company, will it be better if I can get a letter signed by the HR with the same title and responsibility. Will that help?
------------------if you can get that so that no problems after you join for getting letter (date on letter can be date you join or after you join)
Do I have to inform INS?
-----------------to invoke AC21 with pending I-485 you can request to invoke AC21 with pending I-485 and can also take the help of new comany lawyer or YOUR lawyer.
What is better if I need to change address - get a new job and then change address or change address with the sponsor employer and then switch jobs or does it matter at all?
---------------once you move or change address file form AR11(it will not change your address on pending petitions with USCIS. inform on phone # 100NCSC and also write to USCIS.
**check the USCIS site I think now you can change the address on pending petitions onlinw when you file form AR11 online
Please help!!

Ginnu, thank you!! it mentions programmer Analyst on my labor app and I was told by my lawyer that I can have even Soultions Engineer on the offer letter with the salary to apply for 140-portability. And no need to mention any responsibility on that letter. is that correct? is it safe to chnage jobs at this stage? no risk factors involved??

Ginnu, thank you!! it mentions programmer Analyst on my labor app and I was told by my lawyer that I can have even Soultions Engineer on the offer letter with the salary to apply for 140-portability. And no need to mention any responsibility on that letter. is that correct? is it safe to chnage jobs at this stage? no risk factors involved??

What do you mean by 140-portability?

My lawyer used this term to inform INS to update my file with the new employer letter that I have switched jobs.
What do you think? pls guide.

Do I need a ltter with responsibility? My lawyer said just get he title and the salary on a paper but I think getting responsibility same as labor will be safer?

My lawyer used this term to inform INS to update my file with the new employer letter that I have switched jobs.

-----------INS is no more it is USCIS
What do you think? pls guide.

Do I need a ltter with responsibility? My lawyer said just get he title and the salary on a paper but

I think getting responsibility same as labor will be safer?
----------------Yes

get the letter from new employer with date of joining,salary and permanent job offer with skills/job duties on the letter.

Normally you just change job (140 approved/i485 pending for more than 180 days) without notifying USCIS. If they ask later (which is unlikely) you provide them with new job offer

How Exactly do you change jobs after i-485 is pending for more than 6 months? do you have to file another form or something?

Thanks guys. This is so helpful.

So according to Ginnu and other guru's, I will get an offer letter same title as my labor and same responsibilities with salary. much safer play!! Can this letter be different than the offer letter just for immigration purposes? I will be doing the same role but I dont know if they have some different name for the job title.

Also my lawyer has been telling me that we have to update the INS with I-140 portability and he will update my file. I am learning that you dont have to inform INS till they ask. what do you guys think?

change of address can be done anytime with a new employer as well and it will be safe, correct? do i need to provide inform about the new employer when i file for change of address? does it asks for the employer name?