485 might be approved after 2 mos. of FP

moroni

Registered Users (C)
According to some cases I have seen (I know there's always exceptions).

But again, I have seen some 485 cases been approved after 2 months of the FP.

Any thoughts about it?

Thought so...

Many of my friends received their 485 approval after about 2-3 months after their FP. I received my FP notice last week but both my 140 (Aug 2004) and 485 (Oct 2004) are still pending. After talking to my lawyer it seems that getting FP notice doesn't necessarily mean 485 approval is due shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends

Guys,

485 approval depends on your PD. If your PD is not current, you are EB3 and you are from one of the countries affected by retrogression then completing your FP might not necessarily mean that your approval is around the corner. However, for those that have current PDs and have done FPs recently it is not unreasonable to expect an approval within 2-3 months. Again anything is possible but these observations are based on current trends.

regards,

saras

Pd

PD stands for priority date. It is the date the labor is filed. This date is only relevant for EB3 categories from certain countries (India is one of them). According to current policies the 485 cannot be approved till the PD is current. The PD is at March 2002 right now. Technically all EB3 cases from the affected countries that filed labor after March 2002 are not eligible for approval.

saras