485 Medical Reimbursement??

Ashwarai

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I had a question about 485 Medical bill. Who is suppose to pay for the medicals? According to our lawyer the company takes care of the 1st & 2nd stage. We are suppose to pay for the medicals.

A friend of mine got her company to pay for her medicals. Are there any guidelines regarding this?

Replies from you would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot :)

hi Ashwarai

It's between you and your company. There is not any hard and fast rule. Some company are provide more help at I-485 stage (like medical you mention) , that's good. but it not their responsibilty. it's same thing like you can not compare two company's holiday's policy or 401k policy.

Technnically the first two stage done by company, but third stage you don't need company's help except emplyment letter.

The bad thing is majority of insurance doesn't cover medical exam for immigration. although by some research you can find some immunazation with nominal charge in community hospital.

I hope this will help.

JB

Thanks JB

Thanks for you quick reply.

I understand that every company may have a differnt policy regarding it and one cannot compare it.

Ashwarai

medical question

Hi,
Could you please let me know if Hepatitis B vaccine is required? Which column should be ticked on this line if its not required? My doctor has left this line blank and I was a bit concerned.
Do most doctors offices type the form I-693 or is it ok if it is hand written?
Thanks,
raveli