485 Issue

jcbogle

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

I am currently a bachelor and applying for 485 this month. Is there a way to stop the 485 process in the middle.

My aim is to pass the 6 months test( so as to be eligible for AC21 ) and stop/prolong the processing of 485 till getting married.

I was thinking of not apply for AOS/FP/AP.
 So, will I get green card approval if I don\'t apply fo FP/AOS/AP.

Pls advise as marriage plans are moving very very slowly...

No Title

You cannot have the cake and eat it too. Everybody says that the priority dates retrogress and you want to postpone your filing. what a ...........

Options for you

1. Wait and apply for 485 when your marriage plans are concrete if you belong to EB2
2. Apply for 485 and hope to get married before your FP. Depending on your ASC location, it might take up to 6 months to get your FP notice.
3. You can also buy some time later by rescheduling your FP. But I don\'t know how many times you can do that

In general, it\'s advisable to apply for your 485 with out any further delays as you don\'t know what would happen \'morrow. On the other side you are gonna find a life partner and which in my opinion should not be compromised anyway just to get your green card.

Thanks for the replies

I am from VSC(EB2).
 Currently how much time is it taking to get FP notice.

Thanks again.

you can apply even after you get your FP Done

as long as you are not approved before your marriage and you can bring her on valid visa, you can apply for here here.
consider follow-to-join using consular process

No Title

hey man I am looking at ur conversation.
ActuallY my category is EB3 and I got my FP in less then 2 months and I am single ...and no plans to get marry.....so pls don\'t count on 6 month period ...its happens very randomly