485 is pending since Feb 2001

485sinceFeb2001

Hi, My employment based I-485 is pending since Dec 2000. The receipt date (RD) is Feb 2001. Fingerprinting was done in Dec 2002. Have contacted IIO several times but always get the same answer that my file is in the work area and will be processed soon. I have been getting this message from INS since last year. The online and AVM messages have not been updated since I applied. I also contacted a congressman and he also tried to push it but all in vain. I am getting a little bit frustrated with the situation. Is there any other mean which I may try to resolve it? Is there anyone else (in the world) who may be going through the same situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
did u ask the iio whether this case has been assigned to officer. did u get any rfe for ur case. sometimes what happens is lawyer replies to the rfe u would have known it. i read about this happening in this site just make sure that is alright. there is no other go to keep on calling the iio which is of no use

Same is the story with me................!

My RD 05/15/2001
ND 06/28/2001

Whenever I call them they say my case is pending............!

:eek:

Hi
My case is the same. RD- March 19th,2001. Whenever I called they gave me the same answer. Pending, pending. I went to local office two days back. They checked my case and told me that my case is waiting for visa number. Seems that this years is full and next years will start in October 2003. if it is true, I have wait again for 9 more months ...

Mimi

1mimi:

If you filed your !-485 before your visa number became current, INS would reject your application. Otherwise it was just a big lie of the INS. Do you have a lawyer?

Waiting RD/ND March 2001

Still waiting .....

RD/ND 03/2001
RFE for BC/Marriage 01/2001
FP 05/2002

Called NSC about 8 times. No reasonable reply.
Contacted senator 6 months. No progress either.
My lier not helpful either.

Looks like they used it as toilet tissue for their FA.

Hi all
I don't what she meant by that. I never expect that kind of answer from her. I beleive that it is not true. I asked how long I have to wait and she said she don't know and it is like first come first serve. She gave me number like 1000 ( I don't remember exactly) for each year. If that is the case then why people are getting approved who filed after me.
Mine is EB1-EA.I don't have any priority dates.
I don't have a lawyer. I filed by mysef.

I am also waiting since Feb 2001

I am also in the same boat.

RD Feb 2001

First FP May 2001

Second FP Oct 2002

RFE for Emp verification NOV 2002

RFE received by INS DEC 2002

AD still waiting....

Spoke to IIO several time .. the latest is that case is waiting on WD shelf (Waiting for distribution).

Hopefully it will be assigned to officer some day.

Hi all!

i'm also in the same boat as u all.......,

RD-MAY 2001
ND-JUNE2001
FP-DEC'2001

Called IIO several times....always the same reply that your case is pending will contact your lawyer if we need anything or when we reach a decision.

Well All the Best buddies......we r just there.