485 Interview

sai_srinivas

Registered Users (C)
our 485 case got transferred to Newark in May 2004 from Nebraska.
RD on 485 is Jan 2004, 140 is approved. I have switched employer (MIchigan based) to NJ based as Full time employee in a reputed insurance company in Nov 2004 (after 6 months of 485 pending)

In March 2004, i have received RFE on employment and i sent EVL and other details of the new company along with the AC21.

Recently i made enquiry at Newark. They say that i will be called for Interview. They will communicate by mail.

1. What all they may ask me?
2. my Salary is 12 K more than previous one. Will it affect? I got a letter saying the responsibiltiies which are similar.
3. Is there any chance that they will deny my case just because i am in a different state than the original labor?
4. What if they deny ? WIll MTR help? Can i file a new one?

Any advice?

sai_srinivas said:
1. What all they may ask me?

Probably not very much, just maybe some job duties.

my Salary is 12 K more than previous one. Will it affect? I got a letter saying the responsibiltiies which are similar.

That shouldn't be an issue, especially if the duties and title are similar. NJ has a higher cost of living and wages than Nebraska.

Is there any chance that they will deny my case just because i am in a different state than the original labor?

No, my LC was in VA and my AC21 jobs were in GA. That's not grounds to deny an AC21 case.

What if they deny ? WIll MTR help? Can i file a new one?

Depends on the reasons for denial. I really wouldn't worry - the experience with most AC21 cases at interview (and EB interview cases in general) is that the interview process is exceptionally straightforward. 99% of the delays result from insufficient documentation or some other paperwork error.

Thank you for reply.

Another complication in my case.

Previous Title at previous employer : Programmer Analyst
Title after joinig the new employer: Systems Analyst/ (Filed AC21 with this)
Promotion now expecting to be 'Information Systems Consultant' - By the time i will be called for Interview.

Note that all the above roles i am basically doing general software development only. But at the time of interview at local office will this promotion cause issues?

sai_srinivas said:
Thank you for reply.

Another complication in my case.

Previous Title at previous employer : Programmer Analyst
Title after joinig the new employer: Systems Analyst/ (Filed AC21 with this)
Promotion now expecting to be 'Information Systems Consultant' - By the time i will be called for Interview.

Note that all the above roles i am basically doing general software development only. But at the time of interview at local office will this promotion cause issues?
Just reproduce everthing you have on LC. Thats the safest way. For this, to present a letter at the time of interview, get the help of your company's collegues. Try to make them understand that USCIS strictly follows what is mentioned on the LC and dont care about the progress you make in your profession along the way.
There would be many lawyers/attornies in the market to argue successfully before USCIS in favor of situation like yours, but it would be better to get favor by the employers. Most of the employers understand the complications and legalities and stone age/line followers.
One thing for sure, nobody knows what causes problem/issues? Better be prepared yourselves, first what you can do to get help internally.
Your case is not complicated as you making it here. Act wisely, it is easy.
Goodluck

agree 100% with assur ....... Just have your job duties " same " as they are on your labor .... not a big thing .. give it a try